Nymphonidae is a family of sea spiders which has representatives in all the oceans. This family contains some 250 species, most of which are found in the genus Nymphon. Nymphonid bodies are between 1 and 15 mm long, the extent between the points of the legs reaching 150 mm. Most species are predators of hydroids.
Seven genera are currently recognized:
- Boreonymphon Sars, 1888 (4 species)
- Bradypallene Kim & Hong, 1987 (1 species)
- Heteronymphon Gordon, 1932 (8 species)
- Neonymphon Stock, 1955 (1 species)
- Nymphon Fabricius, 1794 (> 250 species)
- Pentanymphon Hodgson, 1904 (2 species)
- Sexanymphon Hedgpeth & Fry, 1964 (1 species)
- ^ Nymphon stroemi at Marine Species Identification Portal.
- ^ Bamber, R.N., El Nagar, A. & Staples, D. (Eds) (2014). Pycnobase: World Pycnogonida Database. Accessed at http://www.marinespecies.org/pycnobase on 2014-10-30
This Chelicerata-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.