Teratoscincus is a genus of geckos commonly referred to as wonder geckos or frog-eyed geckos; it is the only genus within the subfamily Teratoscincinae. Species in the genus Teratoscincus are found from the Arabian Peninsula in Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, and Oman, west across southern Asia in Iran, Afghanistan, and Pakistan, north to Russia, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, and Tajikistan to Mongolia and China. The genus consists of seven species.
- Teratoscincus bedriagai Nikolsky, 1900
- Teratoscincus keyserlingii Strauch, 1863
- Teratoscincus mesriensis Nazarov, Radjabizadeh, Poyarkov, Aananjeva, Melnikov, & Rastegar-Pouyani, 2017
- Teratoscincus microlepis Nikolsky, 1900
- Teratoscincus przewalskii Strauch, 1887
- Teratoscincus roborowskii Bedriaga, 1906
- Teratoscincus scincus Schlegel, 1858
T. roborowskii is frequently found in the exotic animal trade. They are suitable for keeping in a desert vivarium.
- ^ ITIS (Integrated Taxonomic Information System). www.itis.gov.