- Entomobryoidea is also the old name of Entomobryomorpha, when these were placed in the "Arthropleona"
The Entomobryoidea in the old sense – now Entomobryomorpha – were united with the Poduroidea (now Poduromorpha) in a group called "Arthropleona", but this has more recently turned out to be paraphyletic. Actually the Entomobryomorpha, the Poduromorpha, and the third springtaill lineage – the Symphypleona – are equally distinct from each other. Their treatment at equal taxonomic rank reflects this.
Following a 2008 review of the Entomobryomorpha, the Cyphoderidae are demoted to a subfamily of the Paronellidae. Apart from the three living families, there are also two extinct ones known only from fossils.
- Family Paronellidae - includes Cyphoderidae
- Family Entomobryidae
- Family Microfalculidae
- Family Oncobryidae (fossil)
- Family Praentomobryidae (fossil)
- Haaramo, Mikko (2008): Mikko's Phylogeny Archive - Collembola. Version of 2008-MAR-11. Retrieved 2008-JUL-11.
- Soto-Adames, Felipe N.; Barra, Jean-Auguste; Christiansen, Kenneth & Jordana, Rafael (2008): Suprageneric Classification of Collembola Entomobryomorpha. Annals of the Entomological Society of America 101(3): 501–513. DOI:10.1603/0013-8746(2008)101[501:SCOCE]2.0.CO;2 HTML abstract