Echinosaura is a genus of lizards called the spined tegus. They occur in tropical rainforests of Panama and South America. The lizards are normally brown in color and have spines on the head, torso, and tail.
Seven species are recognised:
- Echinosaura brachycephala Köhler, Böhme & Schmitz, 2004
- Echinosaura horrida Boulenger, 1890
- Echinosaura keyi Fritts & Smith, 1969
- Echinosaura orcesi Fritts, Almendáriz & Samec, 2002
- Echinosaura palmeri Boulenger, 1911
- Echinosaura panamensis Barbour, 1924
- Echinosaura sulcarostrum Donnelly, Macculloch, Ugarte, & Kizirian, 2006
This lizard article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.