Elapsoidea is a genus of venomous elapid snakes commonly known as venomous garter snakes or African garter snakes. Despite the common names, they are unrelated to the harmless North American garter snake species.
The following ten species are recognized as being valid.
- Elapsoidea boulengerl Boettger, 1895 – Boulenger's garter snake – Botswana, Malawi, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Elapsoidea broadleyi Jakobsen, 1997 — Broadley's garter snake — Somalia
- Elapsoidea chelazzii Lanza, 1979 — Somali garter snake — Somalia
- Elapsoidea guentherii Bocage, 1866 — Günther's garter snake — Republic of Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Angola, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and Cameroon
- Elapsoidea laticincta (F. Werner, 1919) — Werner's garter snake — Ethiopia, Sudan, Uganda, Democratic Republic of Congo, Chad, Central African Republic, and Cameroon
- Elapsoidea loveridgei Parker, 1949 — Loveridge's garter snake — Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya, Sudan, Burundi, Rwanda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, and Uganda
- Elapsoidea nigra Günther, 1888 — black garter snake — Tanzania
- Elapsoidea semiannulata Bocage, 1882 — Angolan garter snake — throughout central Africa
- Elapsoidea sundevallii (A. Smith, 1848) — Sundevall's garter snake — South Africa, Mozambique, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, and Gambia
- Elapsoidea trapei Mane, 1999 — Senegal garter snake — Senegal