Rhampholeon is a genus of small chameleons, commonly known as pygmy chameleons or African leaf chameleons, found in central East Africa (extending slightly into adjacent DR Congo). They are found in forests, woodlands, thickets, and savanna, and most species are restricted to highlands. They are brown, grey, or green, and typically seen at low levels in bushes, or on the ground among grasses or leaf litter.
Until recently, the members of the genus Rieppeleon were commonly included in Rhampholeon, instead.
The following 19 species are recognized as being valid.
- Rhampholeon acuminatus Mariaux & Tilbury, 2006
- Rhampholeon beraduccii Mariaux & Tilbury, 2006
- Rhampholeon boulengeri Steindachner, 1911 – Boulenger's pygmy chameleon
- Rhampholeon bruessoworum Branch, Bayliss & Tolley, 2014
- Rhampholeon chapmanorum Tilbury, 1992
- Rhampholeon gorongosae Broadley 1971 – Gorongosa pygmy chameleon
- Rhampholeon hattinghi Tilbury & Tolley, 2015
- Rhampholeon marshalli Boulenger, 1906 – Marshall's pygmy chameleon
- Rhampholeon maspictus Branch, Bayliss & Tolley, 2014
- Rhampholeon moyeri Menegon, Salvidio & Tilbury, 2002
- Rhampholeon nchisiensis (Loveridge, 1953) – pitless pygmy chameleon
- Rhampholeon nebulauctor Branch, Bayliss & Tolley, 2014
- Rhampholeon platyceps Günther, 1893
- Rhampholeon spectrum (Buchholz, 1874) – spectral pygmy chameleon
- Rhampholeon spinosus (Matschie, 1892) – rosette-nosed chameleon
- Rhampholeon temporalis (Matschie, 1892) – Usambara pitted pygmy chameleon
- Rhampholeon tilburyi Branch, Bayliss & Tolley, 2014
- Rhampholeon uluguruensis Tilbury & Emmrich, 1996 – Uluguru pygmy chameleon
- Rhampholeon viridis Mariaux & Tilbury, 2006
- ^ "Rhampholeon ". The Reptile Database. www.reptile-database.org.