Ricinodendron is a plant genus in the family Euphorbiaceae first described as a genus in 1864. It includes only one known species njangsa (Ricinodendron heudelotii), native to tropical Africa from Senegal + Liberia east to Sudan and Tanzania and south to Mozambique and Angola.
The mongongo fruit (Schinziophyton rautanenii) was previously considered a member of this genus but has since been placed into a genus of its own.
- Ricinodendron heudelotii subsp. africanum (Müll.Arg.) J.Léonard - tropical Africa from Nigeria east to Sudan and Tanzania and south to Mozambique and Angola
- Ricinodendron heudelotii var. tomentellum (Hutch. & E.A.Bruce) Radcl.-Sm. - Kenya, Tanzania
- Formerly included
moved to Schinziophyton
- R. rautanenii - Schinziophyton rautanenii
- R. viticoides - Schinziophyton rautanenii
- ^ a b c d e The Plant List (2013). Version 1.1. Published on the Internet; http://www.theplantlist.org/tpl1.1/record/kew-178842 (accessed 22 September 2017).
- ^ a b c d Kew World Checklist of Selected Plant Families
- ^ Müller Argoviensis, Johannes. 1864. Flora; oder, (allgemeine) botanische Zeitung 47: 533-534 in Latin
- ^ Tropicos, Ricinodendron J. Mueller-Arg.