Chilodus is a genus of chilodontid headstanders from South America, found in the Orinoco and Amazon Basins, as well as various rivers in the Guianas. The currently described species in this genus are:
- Chilodus fritillus Vari & H. Ortega, 1997
- Chilodus gracilis Isbrücker & Nijssen, 1988
- Chilodus punctatus J. P. Müller & Troschel, 1844 (spotted headstander )
- Chilodus zunevei Puyo, 1946
- Froese, Rainer, and Daniel Pauly, eds. (2011). Species of Chilodus in FishBase. October 2011 version.
This Characiformes-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.