Phenacolepadidae is a family of small sea snails or false limpets, marine gastropod mollusks in the clade Cycloneritimorpha (according to the taxonomy of the Gastropoda by Bouchet & Rocroi, 2005).
This family has no subfamilies according to the taxonomy of the Gastropoda by Bouchet & Rocroi, 2005.
Although the shell shape of genera in this family is that of a limpet, the family is in fact closely related to the Neritidae, the nerites.
Genera and species
Genera and species within the family Phenacolepadidae include:
- Subfamily Phenacolepadinae Pilsbry, 1895
- Subfamily Shinkailepadinae Okutani, Saito & Hashimoto, 1989
- Genera brought into synonymy
- Bouchet P., Rocroi J.P., Hausdorf B., Kaim A., Kano Y., Nützel A., Parkhaev P., Schrödl M. & Strong E.E. (2017). Revised classification, nomenclator and typification of gastropod and monoplacophoran families. Malacologia. 61(1-2): 1-526
- Chen C. & Sigwart J.D. , 2023. The lost vent gastropod species of Lothar A. Beck. Zootaxa 5270(3): 401-436