Engraulicypris is a genus of fish in the family Cyprinidae endemic to Africa. In a study of mitochondrial genealogy, the species formerly included in Mesobola are not phylogenetically separated from Engraulicypris and therefore should also be included in Engraulicypris.
There are currently 7 recognized species in this genus:
- Engraulicypris bredoi Poll, 1945 
- Engraulicypris brevianalis (Boulenger, 1908)  (river sardine)
- Engraulicypris gariepinus Barnard, 1943 
- Engraulicypris howesi Riddin, I. R. Bills & Villet, 2016 
- Engraulicypris ngalala Riddin, Villet & I. R. Bills, 2016 
- Engraulicypris sardella (Günther, 1868) (Lake Malawi sardine)
- Engraulicypris spinifer R. G. Bailey & Matthes, 1971  (Malagarasi sardine)
This Cyprinidae-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.