Species in this genus are commonly called eighty-eights like the related genera Callicore and Perisama, in reference to the characteristic patterns on the hindwing undersides of many. In Diaethria, the pattern consists of black dots surrounded by concentric white and black lines, and typically looks like the numbers "88" or "89".
- Diaethria anna (Guérin-Méneville, ) – Anna's eighty-eight
- Diaethria astala (Guérin-Méneville, ) – faded eighty-eight, navy eighty-eight
- Diaethria bacchis (Doubleday, 1849)
- Diaethria candrena (Godart, ) – candrena eighty-eight, number eighty
- Diaethria ceryx (Hewitson, 1864) – Ceryx eighty-eight
- Diaethria clymena (Cramer, 1775) – Cramer's eighty-eight
- Diaethria eluina (Hewitson, 1852) – eluina eighty-eight
- Diaethria euclides (Latreille, )
- Diaethria gabaza (Hewitson, 1852)
- Diaethria neglecta (Salvin, 1869)
- Diaethria nystographa (Guenée, 1872)
- Diaethria pandama (Doubleday, )
- Lamas, G., ed. 2004. Atlas of Neotropical Lepidoptera. Checklist: Part 4A Hesperioidea-Papilionoidea. Gainesville: Scientific Publishers/Association of Tropical Lepidoptera.