Roger Pester

Natural history lover and photography.

• Profile picture of cuttersgoose who took this action.

cuttersgoose commented on "Lampropeltis triangulum LACÉPÈDE 1789":

Beautiful!

about 1 year ago

Cyndy Parr commented on "Bob Corrigan":

@Bharat Kumar: Venus flytrap (Dionaea muscipula) is here http://eol.org/pages/584643/ . There is a fair amount of information on the Nepenthes page for pitcher plants: http://eol.org/pages/60885/. A collection of insectivorous plants is a great idea!

over 1 year ago

• Profile picture of Bharat Kumar who took this action.

Bharat Kumar commented on "Bob Corrigan":

@Bob Corrigan: I would like to know about insectivorous plants & their habitat. I did't found information about Nephenthis,Dionea etc. on this site. Thank you.

over 1 year ago

• Profile picture of Bob Corrigan who took this action.

Bob Corrigan commented on Bob Corrigan's newsfeed:

@Peggy Eppig: Hi Peggy, thanks for leaving me the message. I've asked the head of our content group, Dr. Cyndy Parr, to open a dialog with you about becoming a curator. But I'd also like to learn more about your work - any chance we could set up a phone call some time in the new year?

over 1 year ago

• Profile picture of Peggy Eppig who took this action.

Peggy Eppig commented on "Bob Corrigan":

Hi Bob, I'm starting my PhD research with a life history of Bombus terricola that you currently curate. I am very interested in the open access capability of EOL as both a researcher and potential contributor for this rapdily declining species. How can I get more involved with EOL? I am also a contributor to Discover Life. Bee well! Peggy

over 1 year ago

• Profile picture of Roger Pester who took this action.

Roger Pester commented on "Brachypelma smithi":

Beautiful specimen and stunning detail in this photography ,I have one of these amazing looking spiders.

over 1 year ago

• Profile picture of Roger Pester who took this action.

Roger Pester commented on "Gravid female Foothill Yellow-legged Frog (Rana boylii), Alameda Creek, California (U.S.A.)":

Another stunning capture with the chance to see the colour changes in this frog.The colours do help the frog to fit into it's background.

over 1 year ago

• Profile picture of Roger Pester who took this action.

Roger Pester commented on "Rana boylii (Angelo Coast Range Reserve, Mendocino Co., California, U.S.A.)":

This is one stunning capture and the detail is lovely and sharp.Love the light and colour in this photography and main subject if you came across it you could identify 100% by this capture.

over 1 year ago

• Profile picture of Jeff Danielian who took this action.

Jeff Danielian commented on "Bob Corrigan":

Hi Bob, hope you are well. Could you send me your e-mail contact info? I'd like to get in touch with a longer message.

over 1 year ago

• Profile picture of Bob Corrigan who took this action.

Bob Corrigan commented on Bob Corrigan's newsfeed:

@Michаel Frаnkis: Arrgh, that's what I get for working on a Sunday. Fixed.

almost 2 years ago

Michаel Frаnkis commented on "Bob Corrigan":

Hi Bob - thanks! Couple more in the next paragraphs still to do ;-) With the Gigas link, I guess what's needed is some way of overriding the auto-formation of EOL links; there are plenty of other cases where it could occur, one that comes to mind is 'cotyledon', which is a genus in the family Crassulaceae, as well as seed-leaves of plants.

almost 2 years ago

• Profile picture of Bob Corrigan who took this action.

Bob Corrigan commented on Bob Corrigan's newsfeed:

@Michаel Frаnkis: Metric conversions implemented and credited. I'll peek at the stray Gigas link on Monday. As always thanks for your curatorial efforts.

almost 2 years ago

• Profile picture of Bob Corrigan who took this action.

Bob Corrigan commented on Bob Corrigan's newsfeed:

@Michаel Frаnkis: Will do

almost 2 years ago

Michаel Frаnkis commented on "Bob Corrigan":

Hi Bob - Alces alces gigas http://eol.org/data_objects/19218658 - could you re-do this in proper measurements, please?: An adult male moose stands 2 metres tall at the shoulder, is 2.6-2.8 m long from head to rump, and can weigh as much as 700 kg (females can reach 600 kg). Moose have long legs, a huge muscular hump on its back just beyond the head, big ears, and no tail. Its long snout is decorated underneath with a flap of skin called the “dewlap”, a structure used to release scent during the rut. ....etc. My inclination otherwise is to untrust it as incomprehensible archaic imperialist gibberish ;-) The EOL software has also put a non-relevant link into "Gigas", maybe needs some work-around to delink that? Thanks!

almost 2 years ago

• Profile picture of Kristen Lans who took this action.

Kristen Lans commented on "Bob Corrigan":

@Robert Hole, Jr: Hi Bob (and Bob!). We deployed the fix for this problem early this AM. I sincerely hope this resolves your browser woes!

almost 2 years ago

• Profile picture of Bob Corrigan who took this action.

Bob Corrigan commented on Bob Corrigan's newsfeed:

@Robert Hole, Jr: Got it, Robert - thanks. There's a patch going out for that.

almost 2 years ago

• Profile picture of Robert Hole, Jr who took this action.

Robert Hole, Jr commented on "Bob Corrigan":

Hi Bob, I'm not sure who gets it, but I just sent a second note to error@eol.org about a browser issue I'm having. I use multiple browsers and I'm finding that I can only access eol _at all_ (even the front page) with one browser at a time. Not one instance of a browser, but one "Brand" - I'm using Chrome here, but my Safari only gets the oops page. Last week, the opposite was true. :( I thought the product guy should hear about it, in case that doesn't go to you. :)

almost 2 years ago

• Profile picture of Roger Pester who took this action.

Roger Pester commented on Roger Pester's newsfeed:

Thank you for adding the common name to this amazing insect.

almost 2 years ago

• Profile picture of Roger Pester who took this action.

Roger Pester commented on "Vespa mandarinia Smith, 1852":

almost 2 years ago • deleted: almost 2 years ago

• Profile picture of Roger Pester who took this action.

Roger Pester commented on Roger Pester's newsfeed:

Thank you Katja for confirming my believe on Milk Snakes,when i see these types of snakes they remind me of the beautiful sea-snakes.

almost 2 years ago