Andrea Wiggins

• Profile picture of Andrea Wiggins who took this action.

Andrea Wiggins commented on an older version of n211_w1150:

Appears to be yellow-shafted Eastern morph.

about 2 years ago

• Profile picture of Andrea Wiggins who took this action.

Andrea Wiggins commented on an older version of File:The Bad Child's Book Of Beasts pg 35.jpg:

Shotgun ornithology

about 2 years ago

• Profile picture of Quentin Groom who took this action.

Quentin Groom commented on "EOL Curators":

Perhaps someone can help me on this issue. There are maps on EOL from NatureServe of the distributions of species within the USA and Canada. These maps show up on the overview page even though these maps are not part of the image media. As these maps are restricted to north America they are very misleading. Take a look at the page for Chenopodium hybridum for an example and compare with the GBIF map. If there are maps on the overview page they should be by default the GBIF map, but preferable we should have some editorial choice. I would not want to make this map invisible but it is not suitable for the overview.

about 2 years ago

• Profile picture of John Tasirin who took this action.

John Tasirin commented on "EOL Curators":

@Kent McFarland: One of the main reason for me to join in EOL is to identify and display all species in an island level. So I am with you, Kent. But, thank to Bob and Jennifer for introducing Scratchpads. I may need to explore it further.

about 2 years ago

@Patrick Coin: That's correct from what I've seen.

about 2 years ago

• Profile picture of Patrick Coin who took this action.

Patrick Coin commented on "EOL Curators":

@Katja Schulz: Great feature. A related question I have... My impression of the authoring tools is that authorship of any particular object seems not to be collaborative. If somebody writes a "brief summary" and I see an error, or would like to make an addition, I cannot edit it directly, correct? Likewise with other categories of text objects?

about 2 years ago

Helllo curators, our development team has just released a new tool that will make it easier for you to improve the text shown on EOL Overview tabs. Since this tab is the most visited one for a given taxon, the articles featured here should be the most interesting and informative ones we have available. Curators (including assistant curators) can now identify these articles and move them to the Overview tab instantly. Look for the show in Overview link below articles in the Detail tab. For an overview of all available EOL curator tools see Information for Curators.

about 2 years ago