Cyndy Parr

Jackdaw of all trades

Katja Schulz commented on "File:Moose 983 LAB.jpg":

No beavers or obvious beaver signs visible in image.

3 days ago

• Profile picture of Michelle Marshall who took this action.

Michelle Marshall commented on "Epinephelus adscensionis":

This current taxon is associated with an old taxon from Bloch: "Perca maculata". I found proceedings in the National Museum that links it to this taxon. The problem is that "Perca maculata" was also created by Forster in 1844, and it links to another species entirely.

7 days ago

• Profile picture of Joey Sigmon who took this action.

Joey Sigmon commented on "Dana Campbell":

I saw your activity on the staghorn fern page and thought you might be able to answer a question I have. When looking at staghorn fern spores under the microscope there are normal sporangia but there are also these star shaped objects attached to the sporangia. I've tried everywhere but can't seem to find any information on it. If you know what they could be it would be helpful. Thanks!

9 days ago

• Profile picture of caoquocdung who took this action.

caoquocdung commented on "Panthera tigris":

11 days ago • deleted: 10 days ago

• Profile picture of caoquocdung who took this action.

caoquocdung commented on "Balaenoptera musculus (Linnaeus, 1758)":

11 days ago • deleted: 10 days ago

• Profile picture of caoquocdung who took this action.

caoquocdung commented on "Animalia":

11 days ago • deleted: 9 days ago

• Profile picture of caoquocdung who took this action.

caoquocdung commented on "Animalia":

11 days ago • deleted: 10 days ago

Michаel Frаnkis commented on "Distribution":

I don't think it's confusing it with Leucophaeus atricilla - it is just being parochial, and only mentioning the 0.0001% of the species' range that matters to the Great God North America, the Only Part of the World That Exists (in their viewpoint!). It is correct that Chroicocephalus ridibundus does occur as a scarce winter visitor in the area mentioned; the problem lies in their failure to acknowledge that the rest of the world exists ;-)

23 days ago

• Profile picture of Kate Markham who took this action.

Kate Markham commented on "File:C.calvus.png":

There is a more accurate map showing species range under the maps tab.

28 days ago

• Profile picture of Michael Wunderli who took this action.

Michael Wunderli commented on "Marie Studer":

Hallo Marie I like your collection birds in north american cities. I would like to add a song for every bird. could you make me a manager? I use your collection for my android learning app AudioBird. If your interested you can check it out here: nameitapp.org

29 days ago

• Profile picture of Deniz Martinez who took this action.

Deniz Martinez commented on "Species with funny English names":

Check out this new video from SciShow, "10 Ridiculous Scientific Names" :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4N5tQDo76c

about 1 month ago

• Profile picture of Jennifer Hammock who took this action.

Jennifer Hammock commented on "Distribution":

Quite right. More recent data from the same source reflects the distribution you describe (http://eol.org/pages/1049595/data#data_point_42037215) but this Note has yet to be removed

about 1 month ago

• Profile picture of Abigail Parker who took this action.

Abigail Parker commented on "Distribution":

Larus ridibundus is Eurasian in distribution. This citation seems to be confusing it with Leucophaeus atricilla.

about 1 month ago

• Profile picture of JohelChaves who took this action.

JohelChaves commented on "Katja Schulz":

H Katja, a quick question. There is a minor error (comma misplaced in a number) in one of the articles provided by one of my former student about 2 years ago (Scorpiones by Cassandra Owen). I tried to correct the error but that article was uploaded (by me) using edulifedesks, which is no longer used by EOL. So, I no longer have access to this article. How could I (or someone else) fix this issue? Thanks.

about 1 month ago • edited: about 1 month ago

Yan Wong commented on "EOL API Discussion Group":

@Markus Ankenbrand: It should be done already, but there was some mistake somewhere and I think it is just waiting to be deployed: https://github.com/EOL/tramea/issues/147

2 months ago

• Profile picture of Markus Ankenbrand who took this action.

Markus Ankenbrand commented on "EOL API Discussion Group":

Is it planned to add the Access-Control-Allow-Origin header to the EOL API to allow cross-origin HTTP requests? It would be really handy to create dynamic pages for organisms with content from EOL. I'm aware that I can do this with PHP on the server side but I'd prefer using AJAX on the client side.

2 months ago

• Profile picture of Starri Heidmarsson who took this action.

Starri Heidmarsson commented on "EOL Curators":

@Bob Corrigan: thanks for a prompt reply! Good luck with the repair ;-)

2 months ago

• Profile picture of Bob Corrigan who took this action.

Bob Corrigan commented on "EOL Curators":

@Starri Heidmarsson: The quick answer is "something changed that broke them". We're working on a fix.

2 months ago

• Profile picture of Starri Heidmarsson who took this action.

Starri Heidmarsson commented on "EOL Curators":

Where are the distribution maps based on data from GBIF which were visible earlier?

2 months ago

• Profile picture of Jennifer Hammock who took this action.

Jennifer Hammock commented on "EOL Species Pages Working Group":