Molecular Biology and Genetics
Statistics of barcoding coverage
Specimens with Sequences:427
Specimens with Barcodes:208
Species With Barcodes:28
Pyrgomorphidae is a family of grasshoppers in the order Orthoptera commonly known as the gaudy grasshoppers. It is the only family in the superfamily Pyrgomorphoidea, and contains 29 genera and at least 70 species and subspecies.
Families and genera
Incomplete list of sub-families, tribes, genera and species:
- Sub-family Orthacridinae or Ortacrinae
- Sub-family Pyrgomorphinae
- Tribe Atractomorphini
- Tribe Desmopterini
- Tribe Dictyophorini
- Tribe Monistriini
- Genus Parastria
- Genus Pileolum
- Genus Yeelanna; see place: Yeelanna
- Tribe Petasidini
- Tribe Phymateini
- Genus Phymateus
- Tribe Psednurini
- Tribe Pyrgomorphini
- "Pyrgomorphidae(Family)". zipcodezoo.com. BayScience Foundation, Inc. 26 April 2010. Retrieved 26 July 2010.
- "Orthoptera (Grasshoppers & Locusts)". anic.ento.csiro.au. Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation. Retrieved 25 July 2011.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!