Data about <i>Morelia viridis</i>
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
Life History and Behavior
Total life span max
|20.6 years||AnAge Database of Animal Ageing and Longevity|
Glossary for Morelia viridis
- Animal habitation
- The dwelling of an animal or group of similar animals.
- A group of geographically or geologically associated islands.
- A major class of ecologically similar communities of plants, animals, and other organisms. Biomes are defined based on factors such as plant structures (such as trees, shrubs, and grasses), leaf types (such as broadleaf and needleleaf), plant spacing (forest, woodland, savanna), and other factors like climate. Unlike ecozones, biomes are not defined by genetic, taxonomic, or historical similarities. Biomes are often identified with particular patterns of ecological succession and climax vegetation.
- Cultivated habitat
- A geographical feature modified by humans by the preparation of the land, usually for the purposes of growing crops.
- A landform elevated above the surrounding area.
- An area with a high density of trees. A small forest may be called a wood.
- An enclosure for displaying selected plant or animal life.
- The natural environment in which an organism lives, or the physical environment that surrounds (influences and is utilized by) a species population.
- Habitat. (2013, August 9). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 19:01, August 14, 2013, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Habitat&oldid=567783959
- A category or description of the habitat in which the Event occurred.
- Area of dry or relatively dry land surrounded by water or low wetland.
- Iucn red list category
- Least concern
- A taxon is Least Concern when it has been evaluated against the criteria and does not qualify for Critically Endangered, Endangered, Vulnerable or Near Threatened. Widespread and abundant taxa are included in this category.
- A body of land jutting out into and nearly surrounded by water.
- Population trend
- A large expanse of saline water usually connected with an ocean.
- Terrestrial habitat
- A habitat that is on or at the boundary of the surface of the Earth.
- Total life span
- The full period of time from birth to death of an organism.
- Land having a cover of trees, shrubs, or both.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!