Data about <i>Uraeginthus bengalus</i>
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
Relevance to Humans and Ecosystems
Glossary for Uraeginthus bengalus
- Animal habitation
- The dwelling of an animal or group of similar animals.
- Conservation status
- An area with a high density of trees. A small forest may be called a wood.
- An area in which grasses (Graminae) are a significant component of the vegetation.
- A category or description of the habitat in which the Event occurred.
- Area of dry or relatively dry land surrounded by water or low wetland.
- Least concern
- A taxon is Least Concern when it has been evaluated against the criteria and does not qualify for Critically Endangered, Endangered, Vulnerable or Near Threatened. Widespread and abundant taxa are included in this category.
- National park
- A reserve of land, usually, but not always declared and owned by a national government, protected from most human development and pollution. National parks are a protected area of IUCN category II.
- Continuous saline-water bodies that surround the continents and fill the Earth's great depressions.
- The summit of a mount.
- Population trend
- A grassland of the tropics or subtropics with scattered trees.
- Terrestrial biome
- A biome that applies to the terrestrial realm.
- Terrestrial habitat
- A habitat that is on or at the boundary of the surface of the Earth.
- Land having a cover of trees, shrubs, or both.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!