Molecular Biology and Genetics
Statistics of barcoding coverage
Specimens with Sequences:30
Specimens with Barcodes:30
Species With Barcodes:10
The Dotillidae are a family of crabs with 59 species, nearly half of which are in the genus Ilyoplax. The two genera Scopimera and Dotilla are collectively the sand bubbler crabs, which leave conspicuous collections of sand pellets on sandy beaches across the tropical and subtropical Indo-Pacific.
Nine genera are currently recognised:
- Dotilla Stimpson, 1858
- Dotilloplax Tweedie, 1950
- Dotillopsis Kemp, 1919
- Ilyoplax Stimpson, 1858
- Potamocypoda Tweedie, 1938
- Pseudogelasimus Tweedie, 1937
- Scopimera De Haan, 1835
- Shenius Serène, 1971
- Tmethypocoelis Koelbel, 1897
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dotillidae.|
- Sammy De Grave, N. Dean Pentcheff, Shane T. Ahyong et al. (2009). "A classification of living and fossil genera of decapod crustaceans" (PDF). Raffles Bulletin of Zoology. Suppl. 21: 1–109.
|This crab article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!