Data about <i>Ulva angusta</i>
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
Glossary for Ulva angusta
- associated media
- A list (concatenated and separated) of identifiers (publication, global unique identifier, URI) of media associated with the Occurrence.
- catalog number
- An identifier (preferably unique) for the record within the data set or collection.
- collection code
- The name, acronym, coden, or initialism identifying the collection or data set from which the record was derived.
- collection id
- An identifier for the collection or dataset from which the record was derived.
- The name of the continent in which the Location occurs.
- The name of the country or major administrative unit in which the Location occurs.
- The full, unabbreviated name of the next smaller administrative region than stateProvince (county, shire, department, etc.) in which the Location occurs.
- end day of year
- The latest ordinal day of the year on which the Event occurred (1 for January 1, 365 for December 31, except in a leap year, in which case it is 366).
- higher geography
- A list (concatenated and separated) of geographic names less specific than the information captured in the locality term.
- individual count
- The number of individuals represented present at the time of the Occurrence.
- institution code
- The name (or acronym) in use by the institution having custody of the object(s) or information referred to in the record.
- An isotype is any duplicate of the holotype (i. e. part of a single gathering made by a collector at one time, from which the holotype was derived); it is always a specimen (ICBN Art. 7). [Bot.]
- The specific description of the place. Less specific geographic information can be provided in other geographic terms (higherGeography, continent, country, stateProvince, county, municipality, waterBody, island, islandGroup). This term may contain information modified from the original to correct perceived errors or standardize the description.
- measurement value
- The value of the measurement, fact, characteristic, or assertion.
- The ordinal month in which the Event occurred.
- National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution (USNM)
- National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution (USNM), Washington, District of Columbia, USA. NMNH and USNM both refer to the National Museum of Natural History. Collections are associated with one or the other acronym. US, the US National Herbarium, is a collection within the National Museum of Natural History. URL for main institutional website: http://www.mnh.si.edu/rc/ URL for institutional specimen catalog: http://collections.mnh.si.edu/
- National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution (USNM) Botany Department
- National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution (USNM) Botany Department. Washington, District of Columbia, USA. Primarily dried specimens (e.g., skins, herbarium sheets). URL for collection: http://botany.si.edu/index.htm
- record number
- An identifier given to the Occurrence at the time it was recorded. Often serves as a link between field notes and an Occurrence record, such as a specimen collector's number.
- recorded by
- A list (concatenated and separated) of names of people, groups, or organizations responsible for recording the original Occurrence. The primary collector or observer, especially one who applies a personal identifier (recordNumber), should be listed first.
- scientific name
- The full scientific name, with authorship and date information if known. When forming part of an Identification, this should be the name in lowest level taxonomic rank that can be determined. This term should not contain identification qualifications, which should instead be supplied in the IdentificationQualifier term.
- A related resource from which the described resource is derived.
- start day of year
- The earliest ordinal day of the year on which the Event occurred (1 for January 1, 365 for December 31, except in a leap year, in which case it is 366).
- state or province
- The name of the next smaller administrative region than country (state, province, canton, department, region, etc.) in which the Location occurs.
- type specimen repository
- The institution that holds a type specimen for a given species. The recommended best practice is to use the identifier in a collections registry such as the Biodiversity Collections Index (http://www.biodiversitycollectionsindex.org/).
- type status
- A list (concatenated and separated) of nomenclatural types (type status, typified scientific name, publication) applied to the subject.
- verbatim event date
- The verbatim original representation of the date and time information for an Event.
Database and Repository Coverage
type specimen repository
National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution (USNM)
|National Museum of Natural History Collections|
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!