The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Cheng, L. (2015). Tabanidae. Accessed through: World Register of Marine Species at http://www.marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id=493907
Hilty, J. Editor. 2015. Insect Visitors of Illinois Wildflowers. World Wide Web electronic publication. illinoiswildflowers.info, version (03/2015)
See: Abbreviations for Insect Activities, Abbreviations for Scientific Observers, References for behavioral observations
- L. L. Pechuman and H. J. Teskey, “Chapter 31. Tabanidae”, in Manual of Nearctic Diptera, vol. 1, J. F. McAlpine, B. V. Peterson, G. E. Shewell, H. J. Teskey, J. R. Vockeroth, and D. M. Wood Ottawa: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1981, pp. 463-478.
- Long, W. 2001. "Tabanus atratus" (On-line), Animal Diversity Web. Accessed January 26, 2012 http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu/site/accounts/information/Tabanus_atratus.html.
- Morita, S. I. (2008) A phylogeny of long-tongued horse flies (Diptera:Tabanidae:Philoliche) with the first cladistic review of higher relationships within the family. Invertebrate Systematics, 22, 311–327
- Townsend, CR, Thompson, RM, McIntosh, AR, Kilroy, C, Edwards, ED, Scarsbrook, MR. 1998. Disturbance, resource supply and food-web architecture in streams. Ecology Letters 1:200-209.
- “Horsefly.” Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. Available from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horse-fly
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!