Data about Psammotermes
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
||IRMNG - Interim Register of Marine and Nonmarine Genera.|
Glossary for Psammotermes
- alluvial soil
- animal habitation
- The dwelling of an animal or group of similar animals.
- An arid condition is an environmental condition in which annual precipitation is less than half of annual potential evapotranspiration.
- A group of hydrous aluminium phyllosilicate (phyllosilicates being a subgroup of silicate minerals) minerals (see clay minerals), that are typically less than 2micrometres in diameter. Clay consists of a variety of phyllosilicate minerals rich in silicon and aluminium oxides and hydroxides which include variable amounts of structural water.
- A region rendered barren or partially barren by environmental extremes, especially by low rainfall.
- A landform elevated above the surrounding area.
- This taxon is still in existence, as opposed to extinct.
- extinction status
- Indicates whether a taxon is extant (living today) or extinct.
- A category or description of the habitat in which the Event occurred.
- A naturally occurring granular material composed of finely divided rock and mineral particles.
- subterrestrial habitat
- A habitat that is below the surface of the earth.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!