- MASDEA (1997).
Molecular Biology and Genetics
Statistics of barcoding coverage
|Specimen Records:||65||Public Records:||49|
|Specimens with Sequences:||53||Public Species:||16|
|Specimens with Barcodes:||17||Public BINs:||5|
|Species With Barcodes:||7|
Members of this family are colonial, hermatypic (reef-building) corals. The corals vary in form and include massive, thickly encrusting, columnar, and irregular forms. The corallites are linked by flowing septa that have granular margins and that are fused in the centre to give fan-shaped or star-shaped groupings. The corallites do not project from the surface of the coral and have ill-defined walls formed from thickened septa.
- Anomastraea Marenzeller, 1901 – monotypic, only species is Anomastraea irregularis, crisp pillow coral
- Coscinaraea Milne-Edwards & Haime, 1849 – about 10 species
- Craterastrea Head, 1983 – monotypic, only species is Craterastrea levis
- Horastrea Pichon, 1971 – monotypic, only species is Horastrea indica
- Psammocora Dana, 1846 – about 14 species, pillar or cat's paw corals
- Pseudosiderastrea Yabe & Sugiyama, 1935 – monotypic, only species is Pseudosiderastrea tayami
- Siderastrea de Blainville, 1830 – about 4 species, starlet corals