- MASDEA (1997).
Molecular Biology and Genetics
Statistics of barcoding coverage
Specimen Records: 65
Specimens with Sequences: 53
Specimens with Barcodes: 17
Species With Barcodes: 16
Public Records: 49
Public Species: 16
Public BINs: 5
Members of this family are colonial, hermatypic (reef-building) corals. The corals vary in form and include massive, thickly encrusting, columnar, and irregular forms. The corallites are linked by flowing septa that have granular margins and that are fused in the centre to give fan-shaped or star-shaped groupings. The corallites do not project from the surface of the coral and have ill-defined walls formed from thickened septa.
- Anomastraea Marenzeller, 1901 – monotypic, only species is Anomastraea irregularis, crisp pillow coral
- Coscinaraea Milne-Edwards & Haime, 1849 – about 10 species
- Craterastrea Head, 1983 – monotypic, only species is Craterastrea levis
- Horastrea Pichon, 1971 – monotypic, only species is Horastrea indica
- Psammocora Dana, 1846 – pillar or cat's paw corals
- Pseudosiderastrea Yabe & Sugiyama, 1935
- Siderastrea de Blainville, 1830 – starlet corals
- Siderastrea glynni Budd & Guzman, 1994
- Siderastrea radians (Pallas, 1766) – lesser starlet coral or shallow-water starlet coral
- Siderastrea savignyana Milne Edwards & Haime, 1850
- Siderastrea siderea (Ellis & Solander, 1768) – massive starlet coral or round starlet coral
- Siderastrea stellata Verrill, 1868
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!