The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- 2005. "Information on Plague" (On-line). CDC: Division of Vector-Borne Infectious Diseases. Accessed February 17, 2009 at http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/plague/info.htm.
- 2008. "The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species" (On-line). Accessed February 01, 2009 at http://www.iucnredlist.org/documents/mammals/gma_redlist_by_famil_v1223563405.xls.
- 2009. "North American Mammals" (On-line). Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History. Accessed February 01, 2009 at http://www.mnh.si.edu/mna/image_menu.cfm?family=33.
- Anderson, S., J. Jones. 1984. Orders and Families of Recent Mammals of the World. United States of America: Wiley-Interscience Publication.
- Asdell, S. 1964. Patterns of Mammalian Reproduction. Ithaca: Cornell University Press.
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, and A. L. Gardner. 1987. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada. Resource Publication, no. 166. 79
- Bordignon, M. 2000. Behaviour and daily activity of the squirrel Sciurus ingrami in a secondary aracaria forest in southern brazil. Canadian Journal of Zoology, 10: 1732-1739.
- Dewey, T. 2007. "Sciuromorpha" (On-line). Animal Diversity Web. Accessed February 02, 2009 at http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu/site/accounts/information/Sciuromorpha.html.
- Foy, Sally; Oxford Scientific Films. 1982. The Grand Design: Form and Colour in Animals. Lingfield, Surrey, U.K.: BLA Publishing Limited for J.M.Dent & Sons Ltd, Aldine House, London. 238 p.
- Gurnell, J. 1987. The Natural History of Squirrels. New York: Facts on File Inc.
- Hayssen, V. 2008. Patterns of Body and Tail Length and Body Mass in Sciuridae. Journal of Mammalogy, 89/4: 852-873. Accessed February 03, 2009 at http://proquest.umi.com.proxy.lib.umich.edu/pqdweb?did=1559964161&sid=1&Fmt=6&clientId=17822&RQT=309&VName=PQD.
- Hayssen, V. 2008. Reproductive effor in squirrels: Ecological, phylogenetic, allometic, and latitudinal patterns. Journal of Mammalogy, 3: 89-91.
- J. Brown, Ecological investigations of the Tundra biome in the Prudhoe Bay Region, Alaska, Special Report, no. 2, Biol. Pap. Univ. Alaska (1975), from p. xiv.
- Jansa, S., P. Myers. 2000. "Family Sciuridae" (On-line). Animal Diversity Web. Accessed February 12, 2009 at http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu/site/accounts/information/Sciuridae.html.
- Long, J. 2003. Introduced Mammals of the World. Australia and United Kingdom: CSIRO Publishing and CABI Publishing.
- Lurz, P. 2011. "Squirrels and Relatives III: Tree Squirrels" (On-line). Grzimek's Animal Life. Accessed April 16, 2011 at http://animals.galegroup.com.proxy.lib.umich.edu.
- Macdonald, D. 1984. The Encyclopedia of Mammals. New York, NY: Facts on File, Inc..
- Matthews, L. 1971. The Life of Mammals: Volume II. New York City: Universe Books.
- Michaux, J., L. Hautier, T. Simonin, M. Vianey-Liaud. 2008. Phylogeny, adaptation, and mandible shape in Sciuridae (Rodentia, Mammalia). Mammalia, 72/4: 286-296. Accessed February 03, 2009 at http://www.reference-global.com.proxy.lib.umich.edu/doi/pdf/10.1515/MAMM.2008.049.
Mundell, E.J. 2007 February 2. Groundhogs, other hibernators, could aid human health. HealthDay Reporter.
- Myers, P., R. Espinosa, C. S. Parr, T. Jones, G. S. Hammond, and T. A. Dewey. 2006. The Animal Diversity Web (online). Accessed February 16, 2011 at http://animaldiversity.org. http://www.animaldiversity.org
- Net Industries. 2009. "Squirrels and Relatives - Sciuridae" (On-line). Animal Life Resource - Mammals and Other Warm-Blooded Animals. Accessed February 03, 2009 at http://animals.jrank.org/pages/3363/Squirrels-Relatives-Sciuridae.html.
- Nowak, R. 1991. Walker's Mammals of the World 5th Edition, Volume I. Baltimore and London: The Johns Hopkins University Press.
- Seebeck, J. 1989. "Fauna of Australia 46. Sciuridae" (On-line). Accessed March 08, 2009 at http://www.environment.gov.au/biodiversity/abrs/publications/fauna-of-australia/pubs/volume1b/46-ind.pdf.
- Steppan, S., B. Storz, R. Hoffmann. 2003. Nuclear DNA Phylogeny of the Squirrels (Mammalia:Rodentia) and the Evolution of Arboreality from c-myc and RAG1. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution, 30: 703-719. Accessed February 15, 2009 at http://bio.fsu.edu/~steppan/Steppan_et_al_Sciuridae.pdf.
- Steppan, S., S. Hamm. 2006. "Sciuridae. Squirrels. Version 13 May 2006" (On-line). The Tree of Life Web Project. Accessed January 28, 2009 at http://tolweb.org/Sciuridae/16456/2006.05.13.
- Thorington, R., K. Ferrell. 2006. Squirrels - The Animal Answer Guide. Baltimore, Maryland: The Johns Hopkins University Press.
- Thorington, Richard W., Jr., John L. Koprowski, Michael A. Steele, and James F. Whatton. 2012. Squirrels of the World. vii + 459
- Thorington, Richard W., Jr., and Robert S. Hoffman / Wilson, Don E., and DeeAnn M. Reeder, eds. 2005. Family Sciuridae. Mammal Species of the World: A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference, 3rd ed., vol. 2. 754-818
- Vernes, K. 2004. Breeding biology and seasonal capture success of northern flying; squirrels and red squirrels in southern new brunswick. Northeastern Naturalist, 11: 123-137.
- Wilson, D., D. Reeder. 2005. Mammal Species of the World: 3rd Edition, Volume 2. Baltimore: The Johns Hopkins University Press.
- Wilson, Don E., and DeeAnn M. Reeder, eds. 1993. Mammal Species of the World: A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference, 2nd ed., 3rd printing. xviii + 1207
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!