The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, A. L. Gardner, and W. C. Starnes. 2003. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, and A. L. Gardner. 1987. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada. Resource Publication, no. 166. 79
- Dickinson, Edward C., ed. 2003. The Howard and Moore Complete Checklist of the Birds of the World, 3rd edition. 1039
- König, C., Weick, F., and Becking, J-H. 1999. Owls: a guide to the owls of the world. Yale University Press.
- Liang G-Q; Wang J-C; Chen Y; Zhou C-H; Liang J; Ren L-Q. 2010. The study of owl's silent flight and noise reduction on fan vane with bionic structure. Advances in Natural Science. 3(2): 192-198.
- Marks, J. S. , R. J. Cannings and H. Mikkola1999. Strigidae (Typical Owls). Volume 5: Barn Owls to Hummingbirds. Pages 76-242 in del Hoyo, J., Elliott, A. and Sargatal, J., eds. Handbook of the birds of the world. Lynx Edicions, Barcelona, Spain.
- WoRMS (2015). Strigidae. Accessed through: World Register of Marine Species at http://www.marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id=196062
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!