The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Collette, Bruce B. / Collette, Bruce B., and Grace Klein-MacPhee, eds. 2002. Flyingfishes: Family Exocoetidae. Bigelow and Schroeder's Fishes of the Gulf of Maine, Third Edition. 291-292
- Kutschera, U. 2005. Predator-driven macroevolution in flyingfishes inferred from behavioural studies: historical controversies and a hypothesis. Annals of the History and Philosophy of Biology 10: 59–77.
- Lewallen, E.A., R.L. Pitman, S.L. Kjartanson, N.R. Lovejoy, 2011. Molecular systematics of flyingfishes ( Teleostei : Exocoetidae ): evolution in the epipelagic zone. Fisheries Science Volume: 102, Issue: 1, Publisher: Blackwell Publishing Ltd, Pages: 161-174.
- MASDEA (1997).
- N. V. Parin, Ichthyofauna of the Epipelagic Zone (Israel Program for Scientific Translations, Jerusalem, 1970; U.S. Department of Commerce Clearinghouse for Federal Scientific and Technical Information, Springfield, VA 22151), from p. 154.
- Nelson, Joseph S. 1994. Fishes of the World, Third Edition. xvii + 600
- Potts, A. C., Thomas, A. D., & Nichols, E. 2003. An economic and social assessment of the flying fish (pelagic) fishery of Tobago, Trinidad and Tobago. Proceedings of the Fifty Fourth Annual Gulf and Caribbean Fisheries Institute, 0-635.
- Robins, Richard C., Reeve M. Bailey, Carl E. Bond, James R. Brooker, Ernest A. Lachner, et al. 1991. Common and Scientific Names of Fishes from the United States and Canada, Fifth Edition. American Fisheries Society Special Publication, no. 20. 183
- Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. 11 March, 2012. “Flying fish”. Retrieved March 15, 2012 from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Flying_fish&oldid=481395284">http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Flying_fish&oldid=481395284">http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Flying_fish&oldid=481395284
- WoRMS (2014). Exocoetidae. In: Froese, R. and D. Pauly. Editors. (2014) FishBase. Accessed through: World Register of Marine Species at http://www.marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id=125452
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!