Data about <i>Crotaphytus vestigium</i>
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
Glossary for Crotaphytus vestigium
- alluvial fan
- A fan-shaped deposit formed where a fast flowing stream flattens, slows, and spreads typically at the exit of a canyon onto a flatter plain.
- An arid condition is an environmental condition in which annual precipitation is less than half of annual potential evapotranspiration.
- Relatively narrow, deep depression with steep sides, the bottom of which generally has a continuous slope.
- The general region of indefinite width that extends from the sea inland to the first major change in terrain features.
- conservation status
- A region rendered barren or partially barren by environmental extremes, especially by low rainfall.
- A landform elevated above the surrounding area.
- This taxon is still in existence, as opposed to extinct.
- extinction status
- Indicates whether a taxon is extant (living today) or extinct.
- A category or description of the habitat in which the Event occurred.
- lava field
- A feature formed by cooled lava, the molten rock that is expelled by a volcano during an eruption.
- least concern
- A taxon is Least Concern when it has been evaluated against the criteria and does not qualify for Critically Endangered, Endangered, Vulnerable or Near Threatened. Widespread and abundant taxa are included in this category.
- A landform that extends above the surrounding terrain in a limited area. A mountain is generally steeper than a hill, but there is no universally accepted standard definition for the height of a mountain or a hill although a mountain usually has an identifiable summit and a local relief of more than 300m.
- A body of land jutting out into and nearly surrounded by water.
- A region of general uniform slope, comparatively level, and of considerable extent.
- population trend
- The part of an elevation or depression between the relatively flat surrounding area and the peak of a mount or the bottom of a depression.
- subterrestrial habitat
- A habitat that is below the surface of the earth.
- terrestrial biome
- A biome that applies to the terrestrial realm.
- terrestrial habitat
- A habitat that is on or at the boundary of the surface of the Earth.
- volcanic field
- A region of the earth's crust that is prone to localized volcanic activity.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!