The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, A. L. Gardner, and W. C. Starnes. 2003. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, and A. L. Gardner. 1987. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada. Resource Publication, no. 166. 79
- Canada. Commission of Conservation. Committee on Fisheries, Game and Fur-Bearing Animals. 1916. Conservation of Fish, Birds and Game : Proceedings at a Meeting of the Committee, November 1 and 2, 1915. Toronto, Ontario : Methodist Book and Publishing House.; Facing page 98
- Christian RR, Luczkovich JJ (1999) Organizing and understanding a winters seagrass foodweb network through effective trophic levels. Ecol Model 117:99124
- Foy, Sally; Oxford Scientific Films. 1982. The Grand Design: Form and Colour in Animals. Lingfield, Surrey, U.K.: BLA Publishing Limited for J.M.Dent & Sons Ltd, Aldine House, London. 238 p.
- G. M. Woodwell, Toxic substances and ecological cycles, Sci. Am. 216(3):24-31, from pp. 26-27 (March 1967).
- Gill, F. and M. Wright. 2006. Birds of the World: Recommended English Names. Princeton NJ: Princeton University Press.
- H. Milne and G. M. Dunnet, Standing crop, productivity and trophic relations of the fauna of the Ythan estuary. In: The Estuarine Environment, R. S. K. Barnes and J. Green, Eds. (Applied Science Publications, Edinburgh, Scotland, 1972), pp. 86-106, from
- Johnson, K. P. and M. D. Sorenson. 1999. Phylogeny and biogeography of dabbling ducks (genus Anas): a comparison of molecular and morphological evidence. Auk 116(3):792805.
- Kear, J., ed. 2005. Ducks, Geese and Swans. Bird Families of the World XVI. Oxford University Press, New York.
- Livezey, B. C. 1995. Phylogeny and evolutionary ecology of modern seaducks (Anatidae: Mergini). Condor 97:233-255.
- Livezey, B. C. 1996. A phylogenetic analysis of geese and swans (Anseriformes: Anserinae), including selected fossil species. Syst. Biol. 45:415-450.
- Madge, S. and H. Burn. 1988. Waterfowl: An Identification Guide to the Ducks, Geese, and Swans of the World. Boston: Houghton Mifflin.
- Madsen, J., T. Fox and J. Cracknell, eds. 1999. Goose Populations of the Western Palearctic. A review of Status and Distribution. Wetlands International Publication No. 48. Wetlands International, Wageningen, National Environmental Research Institute, Ronde.
- Newcomb, Raymond Lee. 1882. Our Lost Explorers : the Narrative of the Jeannette Arctic Expedition, as related by the survors, and in the records and last journals of Lieutenant De Long. Hartford, CT : American Publishing Company; Page 317
- P. Larson, J. E. Brittain, L. Lein, A. Lillehammer and K. Tangen, The lake ecosystem of Ovre Heimdalsvatn, Holarctic Ecology 1:304-320, from p. 311 (1978).
- R. D. Bird, Biotic communities of the Aspen Parkland of central Canada, Ecology, 11:356-442, from p. 410 (1930).
- S. W. Nixon and C. A. Oviatt, Ecology of a New England salt marsh, Ecol. Monog. 43:463-498, from p. 491 (1973).
- S. W. Nixon and C. A. Oviatt, Ecology of a New England salt marsh, Ecol. Monogr. 43:463-498, from p. 491 (1973).
- Scott, P. and M. Ogilvie. 1998. Collins Illustrated Checklist: Wildfowl of the World. Harper-Collins.
- Soothill, E. and P. Whitehead. 1996. Wildfowl: A World Guide. London: Blandford.
- V. S. Summerhayes and C. S. Elton, Contributions to the ecology of Spitsbergen and Bear Island, J. Ecol. 11:214-286, from p. 232 (1923).
- WoRMS (2014). Anatidae. Accessed through: World Register of Marine Species at http://www.marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id=136973
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!