Data about Candoia
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
Glossary for Candoia
- A group of geographically or geologically associated islands.
- The general region of indefinite width that extends from the sea inland to the first major change in terrain features.
- A category or description of the habitat in which the Event occurred.
- Area of dry or relatively dry land surrounded by water or low wetland.
- Lava is an environmental material which is primarily composed of molten rock.
- A body of land jutting out into and nearly surrounded by water.
- A ridge of rocks, lying near the surface of the sea, which may be visible at low tide, but is usually covered by water.
- total life span
- The full period of time from birth to death of an organism.
For some attributes EOL determines the span of values available for a taxon across all sources.
|Trait||Values||Record Count||Taxa Count|
|total life span||9.9 to 16.9 years||3||3|
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!