Data about Ardeidae
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
|Appalachian Brook Crayfish||GloBI|
|European Water Vole||GloBI|
|True Flies, Mosquitoes and Gnats||GloBI|
|American Redbelly Turtle||GloBI|
|Appalachian Brook Crayfish||GloBI|
|Dwarf Caiman, Cuvier's Smooth-fronted Caiman||GloBI|
|European Pond Turtle||GloBI|
|European Water Vole||GloBI|
|Florida Softshell Turtle||GloBI|
|Galapagos Lava Lizard||GloBI|
|Great Lakes Longnose Dace||GloBI|
|Northern Leopard Frog||GloBI|
|Plain-bellied Water Snake||GloBI|
|San Francisco Forktail||GloBI|
|Spiny Softshell Turtle||GloBI|
Water nitrate concentration min
|0.29 µmol/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||7.23 µmol/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
Water temperature max
|26.88 degrees Celsius||OBIS Environmental Information|
|min||9.41 degrees Celsius||OBIS Environmental Information|
Water silicate concentration min
|0.77 µmol/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||9.92 µmol/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
Water phosphate concentration min
|0.076 µmol/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||0.56 µmol/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
Water dissolved O2 concentration min
|4.58 mL/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||7.97 mL/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
Water O2 saturation max
|108.89 percent||OBIS Environmental Information|
|min||98.13 percent||OBIS Environmental Information|
Water salinity max
|36.17 PSU||OBIS Environmental Information|
|min||6.43 PSU||OBIS Environmental Information|
Evolution and Systematics
||The Paleobiology Database|
Database and Repository Coverage
Glossary for Ardeidae
- Body length (VT)
- The distance from point to point along the longest axis of the body of an organism.
- Body mass
- The amount of matter in the body of an organism.
- Clutch/brood/litter size
- Single birth offspring quantity. The proportion or number of offspring produced from a single pregnancy (mammals) or ovulation (fish) or nesting (birds).
- A plane angle unit which is equal to 1/360 of a full rotation or 1.7453310^[-2] rad.
- Degrees Celsius
- The original description of the elevation (altitude, usually above sea level) of the Location.
- This taxon is still in existence, as opposed to extinct.
- Extinction status
- Indicates whether a taxon is extant (living today) or extinct.
- Feeds on
- consumes for energetic or other nutritional needs
- First Appearance (Older Bound)
- The older bound for the first appearance of this taxon in the fossil record, in Ma.
- First Appearance (Younger Bound)
- The younger bound for the first appearance of this taxon in the fossil record, in Ma.
- Has predator
- is consumed for energetic or other nutritional needs (by another organism)
- Interacts with
- an organism has an effect on another organism in the community.
- Last Appearance (Older Bound)
- The older bound for the last appearance of this taxon in the fossil record, in Ma.
- Last Appearance (Younger Bound)
- The younger bound for the last appearance of this taxon in the fossil record, in Ma.
- The geographic latitude (in decimal degrees, using the spatial reference system given in geodeticDatum) of the geographic center of a Location. Positive values are north of the Equator, negative values are south of it. Legal values lie between -90 and 90, inclusive.
- Litters per year
- Number of litters per female per year
- The geographic longitude (in decimal degrees, using the spatial reference system given in geodeticDatum) of the geographic center of a Location. Positive values are east of the Greenwich Meridian, negative values are west of it. Legal values lie between -180 and 180, inclusive.
- Million years ago
- 1 megaannum in the past. Megaannum, Ma. is a unit of time equal to one million (10^6) years.
- Milliliters per liter. A volume per unit volume unit which is equal to one millionth of a liter of solute in one liter of solution.
- Number of articles on EOL
- number of articles for taxa in this clade on EOL
- Number of DNA Records In GGBN
- number of DNA records in this clade in the Global Genome Biodiversity Network (GGBN) repository of genome quality tissues.
- Number of images on EOL
- number of images of taxa in this clade on EOL
- Number of media on EOL
- number of images+videos+audio files of taxa in this clade on EOL
- Number of public records in BOLD
- number of records in this clade in the Barcode Of Life Database (BOLD)
- Number of records in BOLD
- number of records for taxa in this clade in the Barcode of Life Database (BOLD)
- Number of records in GBIF
- number of records for taxa in this clade in the Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF)
- Number of references in BHL
- number of references to taxa in this clade in the Biodiversity Heritage Library
- Number of rich pages on EOL
- number of species in this clade with richness >= 0.4 on EOL
- Number of sequences in GenBank
- number of sequences for taxa in this clade in GenBank
- Number of specimens in GGBN
- number of records in this clade in the Global Genome Biodiversity Network (GGBN) repository of genome quality tissues.
- Onset of fertility
- The age at which an organism develops the ability to produce live offspring.
- A dimensionless ratio unit which denotes numbers as fractions of 100.
- Practical Salinity Units. The conductivity ratio of a sea water sample to a standard KCl solution. Used to represent salinity.
- Records in BOLD?
- this clade is represented by geo-referenced data in the Barcode of Life Database (BOLD)
- Records in GBIF?
- this clade is represented by geo-referenced data in the Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF)
- References in BHL?
- this clade is represented in the literature in the Biodiversity Heritage Library (BHL)
- Rich EOL page?
- at least one page in this clade with richness>=0.4 on eol
- Sequences in GenBank?
- this clade is represented by gene sequences in GenBank
- Specimens in GGBN?
- this clade is represented by specimens in the Global Genome Biodiversity Network (GGBN)
- Total life span
- The full period of time from birth to death of an organism.
- Water dissolved O2 concentration
- Dissolved oxygen concentration in seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- Water nitrate concentration
- Dissolved nitrate concentration in seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- Water O2 saturation
- The percent oxygen saturation in seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- Water phosphate concentration
- Dissolved phosphate concentration in seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- Water salinity
- Dissolved salt concentration in seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- Water silicate concentration
- Dissolved silicate concentration in seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- Water temperature
- Temperature of the water at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- A physical quality inhering in a bearer that has mass near a gravitational body.
- This statement is true; the answer to this question is yes.
- A unit of molarity which is equal to one millionth of a molar or 10^[-6] mol/L
For some attributes EOL determines the span of values available for a taxon across all sources.
|Trait||Values||Record Count||Taxa Count|
|Onset of fertility||1.0 to 4.0 years||30||15|
|Body mass||175.0 g to 4.5 kg||22||11|
|Body length (VT)||25.0 cm to 1.5 m||18||8|
|Weight||16.0 g to 4.47 kg||22||17|
|Water temperature||9.41 to 15.83 degrees Celsius||6||3|
|Total life span||6.9 to 37.5 years||17||17|
|Water salinity||6.43 to 34.72 PSU||6||3|
|Clutch/brood/litter size||3.0 to 4.0||10||10|
|Elevation||2.0 to 833.0||32||8|
|Body mass||86.3 g to 4.47 kg||18||18|
|Litters per year||1.0 to 2.0 per year||9||9|
|Elevation||-16 to 1,030.0 m||41||9|
|Latitude||-47.8 to 59.05 degrees||130||60|
|Longitude||-125 to 154.98 degrees||130||60|
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!