Data about <i>Bothriechis lateralis</i>
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
Life History and Behavior
total life span max
|12.5 years||AnAge Database of Animal Ageing and Longevity|
Glossary for Bothriechis lateralis
- arboreal habitat
- A habitat in or on trees.
- coffee plantation
- conservation status
- An area with a high density of trees. A small forest may be called a wood.
- A category or description of the habitat in which the Event occurred.
- least concern
- A taxon is Least Concern when it has been evaluated against the criteria and does not qualify for Critically Endangered, Endangered, Vulnerable or Near Threatened. Widespread and abundant taxa are included in this category.
- A mountain rising from the ocean seafloor that does not reach to the water's surface (sea level), and thus is not an island. Typically formed from volcanoes that rise abruptly and are usually found rising from a seafloor of 1,000 - 4,000 meters depth. Independent features that rise to at least 1,000 meters above the seafloor.
- mountain range
- A series of connected and aligned mountains or mountain ridges.
- population trend
- protected area
- An area of land and/or a body of water especially dedicated to the protection and maintenance of biological diversity, and of natural and associated cultural resources, and managed through legal or other effective means.
- terrestrial habitat
- A habitat that is on or at the boundary of the surface of the Earth.
- total life span
- The full period of time from birth to death of an organism.
- Land having a cover of trees, shrubs, or both.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!