Data about <i>Crocodylus palustris</i>
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
Life History and Behavior
Total life span max
|31.5 years||AnAge Database of Animal Ageing and Longevity|
Glossary for Crocodylus palustris
- Animal habitation
- The dwelling of an animal or group of similar animals.
- A major class of ecologically similar communities of plants, animals, and other organisms. Biomes are defined based on factors such as plant structures (such as trees, shrubs, and grasses), leaf types (such as broadleaf and needleleaf), plant spacing (forest, woodland, savanna), and other factors like climate. Unlike ecozones, biomes are not defined by genetic, taxonomic, or historical similarities. Biomes are often identified with particular patterns of ecological succession and climax vegetation.
- Freshwater habitat
- A habitat that is in or on a body of water containing low concentrations of dissolved salts and other total dissolved solids (<0.5 grams dissolved salts per litre).
- Freshwater lake
- A lake of whose water contains low concentrations of salts.
- A category or description of the habitat in which the Event occurred.
- The natural environment in which an organism lives, or the physical environment that surrounds (influences and is utilized by) a species population.
- Habitat. (2013, August 9). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 19:01, August 14, 2013, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Habitat&oldid=567783959
- Irrigation canal
- Artificial watercourse with no flow or a controlled flow used irrigation.
- Iucn red list category
- A sheet of saline water separated from the open sea by sand or shingle banks. The sheet of water between an offshore reef, especially of coral and mainland. The sheet of water within a ring or horseshoe shaped atoll.
- A wetland, featuring grasses, rushes, reeds, typhas, sedges, and other herbaceous plants (possibly with low-growing woody plants) in a context of shallow water.
- A liquid or semi-liquid mixture of water and some combination of soil, silt, and clay.
- Continuous saline-water bodies that surround the continents and fill the Earth's great depressions.
- A body of water, usually of smaller size than a lake.
- Population trend
- Saline water
- Linear body of water flowing on the Earth's surface.
- Terrestrial habitat
- A habitat that is on or at the boundary of the surface of the Earth.
- Total life span
- The full period of time from birth to death of an organism.
- A taxon is Vulnerable when the best available evidence indicates that it meets any of the criteria A to E for Vulnerable, and it is therefore considered to be facing a high risk of extinction in the wild.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!