Data about <i>Sauromalus varius</i>
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
Life History and Behavior
Total life span max
|11.3 years||AnAge Database of Animal Ageing and Longevity|
Glossary for Sauromalus varius
- An area of water bordered by land on three sides.
- The portion of chemical products obtained by the distillation of a tar that remains heavier than water, notably useful for its anti-septic and preservative properties
- A deep fissure in snow or ice.
- A region rendered barren or partially barren by environmental extremes, especially by low rainfall.
- A category or description of the habitat in which the Event occurred.
- Area of dry or relatively dry land surrounded by water or low wetland.
- Lava field
- A feature formed by cooled lava, the molten rock that is expelled by a volcano during an eruption.
- A body of land jutting out into and nearly surrounded by water.
- A mass of the mineral material of the crust of the Earth.
- Any material within 2 m from the Earth's surface that is in contact with the atmosphere, with the exclusion of living organisms, areas with continuous ice not covered by other material, and water bodies deeper than 2 m.
- Total life span
- The full period of time from birth to death of an organism.
- Land having a cover of trees, shrubs, or both.
- Zoological garden
- A facility in which animals are confined within enclosures and displayed to the public, and in which they may also be bred.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!