Data about <i>Riama petrorum</i>
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
Glossary for Riama petrorum
- conservation status
- A taxon is Endangered when the best available evidence indicates that it meets any of the criteria A to E for Endangered, and it is therefore considered to be facing a very high risk of extinction in the wild.
- This taxon is still in existence, as opposed to extinct.
- extinction status
- Indicates whether a taxon is extant (living today) or extinct.
- An area with a high density of trees. A small forest may be called a wood.
- A category or description of the habitat in which the Event occurred.
- A mountain rising from the ocean seafloor that does not reach to the water's surface (sea level), and thus is not an island. Typically formed from volcanoes that rise abruptly and are usually found rising from a seafloor of 1,000 - 4,000 meters depth. Independent features that rise to at least 1,000 meters above the seafloor.
- mountain range
- A series of connected and aligned mountains or mountain ridges.
- population trend
- The part of an elevation or depression between the relatively flat surrounding area and the peak of a mount or the bottom of a depression.
- terrestrial biome
- A biome that applies to the terrestrial realm.
- terrestrial habitat
- A habitat that is on or at the boundary of the surface of the Earth.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!