The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, A. L. Gardner, and W. C. Starnes. 2003. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, and A. L. Gardner. 1987. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada. Resource Publication, no. 166. 79
- Ducrocq, S., Y. Chaimanee, V. Suteethorn, and J. J. Jaeger. 1998. The earliest known pig from the upper Eocene of Thailand. Palaeontology 41:147-156.
- Groves, C. P. and P. Grubb. 1993. The suborder Suiformes. Pages 1-4 in: W. L. R. Oliver, ed. Pigs, Peccaries and Hippos, IUCN, The World Conservation Union, Gland.
- J. E. Gray. 1821. On the natural arrangement of vertebrose animals. The London Medical Repository Monthly Journal and Review 15:296-310
- Liu, L. P., M. Fortelius, and M. Pickford. 2002. New fossil Suidae from Shanwang, Shandong, China. Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology 22(1):152-163.
- McKenna, M. C. and S. K. Bell. 1997. Classification of Mammals Above the Species Level. Columbia University Press, New York.
- Myers, P., R. Espinosa, C. S. Parr, T. Jones, G. S. Hammond, and T. A. Dewey. 2006. The Animal Diversity Web (online). Accessed February 16, 2011 at http://animaldiversity.org. http://www.animaldiversity.org
- Pickford, M. 1986. A revision of the Miocene Suidae and Tayassuidae (Artiodactyla, Mammalia) of Africa. Tertiary Research 7:1-83.
- Randi, E., V. Lucchini and C. H. Diong. 1996. Evolutionary genetics of the Suiformes as reconstructed using mtDNA sequencing. Journal of Mammalian Evolution 3:163-194.
- Wilson, Don E., and DeeAnn M. Reeder, eds. 1993. Mammal Species of the World: A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference, 2nd ed., 3rd printing. xviii + 1207
- Wilson, Don E., and F. Russell Cole. 2000. Common Names of Mammals of the World. xiv + 204
- d'Huart, J. P. and W. L. R. Oliver. 1993. Review of priorities of conservation action and future research on Afrotropical Suids. In: Pigs, Peccaries and Hippos. Status Survey and Conservation Action Plan. W. L. R. Oliver, ed. IUCN/SSC, Gland, Switzerland.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!