The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Dickinson, Edward C., ed. 2003. The Howard and Moore Complete Checklist of the Birds of the World, 3rd edition. 1039
- Fowler, ME; Miller, RE. 2003. Zoo and Wild Animal Medicine. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Co.
- Hughes, J. M. and Baker, A. J. 1999. Phylogenetic relationships of the enigmatic hoatzin (Opisthocomus hoazin) resolved using mitochondrial and nuclear gene sequences. Molecular Biology and Evolution 16: 1300-1307.
- Korzun, L. P., Erard, C., Gasc, J. P., and Dzerzhinsky, F. J. 2003. Biomechanical features of the bill and and jaw apparatus of cuckoos, turacos and the hoatzin in relation to food acquisition and processing. Ostrich 74(1-2):48-57.
- Korzun, L. P., Erard, C., and Gasc, J. P. 2001. Distinctive morphofunctional features of the bill and hyoid apparatus of turacos (Aves, Musophagidae): their relation to frugivory. Comptes Rendus de l'Academie des Sciences Serie III 324(11):965-977.
- Turner, D. A. 1997. Family Musophagidae (Turacos). In Handbook of the Birds of the World. Vol. 4. Sandgrouse to Cuckoos. J. del Hoyo, A. Elliott, and J. Sargatal, eds. Lynx Edicions, Barcelona.
- Veron, G. 1999. Phylogeny of turacos (Aves, Musophagidae). Analysis of morphological characters. Journal of Zoological Systematics and Evolutionary Research 37(1):39-47.
- Veron, G. and Winney, B. J. 2000. Phylogenetic relationships within the turacos (Musophagidae). Ibis 142: 446-456.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!