The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- 2003. "UNEP-WCMC Species Database: CITES-Listed Species" (On-line). Accessed November 14, 2003 at http://www.cites.org/eng/resources/species.html.
- Ali, S., S. Ripley. 1972. Handbook of the Birds of Indian and Pakistan, Volume 5. London: Oxford University Press.
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, A. L. Gardner, and W. C. Starnes. 2003. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, and A. L. Gardner. 1987. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada. Resource Publication, no. 166. 79
- Beason, R. 1995. Horned Lark (Eremophila alpestris). A Poole, F Gill, eds. The Birds of North America, Vol. 195. The Academy of Natural Sciences, Philadelphia, and The American Ornithologist's Union, Washington, D.C.
- Campbell, B., E. Lack. 1985. A Dictionary of Birds. Vermillion: Buteo Books.
- Campbell, R., N. Dawe, I. McTaggart-Cowan, J. Cooper, G. Kaiser, M. McNall, G. Smith. 1997. The Birds of British Columbia, Volume 3, Passerines, Flycatchers through Vireos. Vancouver: UBC Press.
- Clark, J., S. Hygnstrom. 1994. "Horned Larks" (On-line). Prevention and Control of Wildlife Damage. Accessed October 29, 2003 at http://wildlifedamage.unl.edu/handbook/handbook/allPDF/bird_e63.pdf.
- Dean, W., C. Fry, S. Keith, P. Lack. 1992. Family Alaudidae: Larks. Pp. 13-124 in S Keith, E Urban, C Fry, eds. The Birds of Africa, Vol. IV. London: Academic Press.
- Gill, F. 1995. Ornithology, Second Edition. New York: W.H. Freeman and Company.
- I. K. Sharma, A study of ecosystems of the Indian desert, Trans. Indian Soc. Desert Technol. and Univ. Center Desert Stud. 5(2):51-55, from p. 52 and A study of agro-ecosystems in the Indian desert, ibid. 5:77-82, from p. 79 1980).
- IUCN, 2002. "The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species" (On-line). Accessed October 29, 2003 at http://www.redlist.org/.
- Mead, C. 1985. Larks, Wagtails and Pipits. Pp. 336-338 in C Perrins, A Middleton, eds. The Encyclopedia of Birds. New York: Facts on File Publications.
- Payne, R. 2003. "Bird Families of the World" (On-line). Accessed October 27, 2003 at http://www.ummz.lsa.umich.edu/birds/Bird_Families_of_the_World.html.
- Sibley, C., J. Ahlquist. 1990. Phylogeny and Classification of Birds, A study in Molecular Evolution. New Haven: Yale University Press.
- Simms, E. 1992. British Larks, Pipits & Wagtails. London: Harper Collins Publishers.
- Threatened and Endangered Species System, 2003. "U.S. Listed Vertebrate Animal Species Report by Taoxonomic Group" (On-line). Accessed November 14, 2003 at http://ecos.fws.gov/tess_public/TESSWebpageVipListed?code=V&listings=0#B.
- Trost, C. 2001. Larks. Pp. 416-418 in C Elphick, J Dunning, D Sibley, eds. The Sibley Guide to Bird Life and Behavior. New York: Alfred A. Knopf.
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, date unknown. "Birds Protected by the Migratory Bird Treaty Act" (On-line). Accessed November 14, 2003 at http://migratorybirds.fws.gov/intrnltr/mbta/mbtintro.html.
- WoRMS (2014). Alaudidae. Accessed through: World Register of Marine Species at http://www.marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id=196040
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!