The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- 2003. "UNEP-WCMC Species Database: CITES-Listed Species" (On-line). Accessed February 10, 2004 at http://www.cites.org/eng/resources/species.html.
- Anderson, B. 2003. "Sparrows" (On-line). Alaska Department of Fish and Game. Accessed February 10, 2004 at http://www.adfg.state.ak.us/pubs/notebook/bird/sparrows.php.
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, A. L. Gardner, and W. C. Starnes. 2003. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, and A. L. Gardner. 1987. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada. Resource Publication, no. 166. 79
- Beadle, D., J. Rising. 2002. Sparrows of the United States and Canada, The Photographic Guide. San Diego: Academic Press.
- Byers, C., J. Curson, U. Olsson. 1995. Sparrows and Buntings, A Guide to the Sparrows and Buntings of North America and the World. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Company.
- Carson, R., G. Spicer. 2003. A phylogenetic analysis of the emberizid sparrows based on three mitochondrial genes. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution, 29: 43-57.
- Clark, J., S. Hygnstrom. 1994. "Wildlife Management - Crowned Sparrows (PDF)" (On-line). Accessed February 10, 2004 at http://www.wildlifemanagement.info/birds.htm.
- Dickinson, E. 2003. The Howard and Moore Complete Checklist of Birds of the World, 3rd edition. London: Christopher Helm.
- Dickinson, Edward C., ed. 2003. The Howard and Moore Complete Checklist of the Birds of the World, 3rd Edition. 1039
- Dunning, J. 2001. New World Sparrows. Pp. 516-535 in C Elphick, J Dunning, D Sibley, eds. The Sibly Guide to Bird Life and Behavior. New York: Alfred A. Knopf.
- Gill, F. 1995. Ornithology, Second Edition. New York: W.H. Freeman and Company.
- IUCN, 2002. "The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species" (On-line). Accessed February 10, 2004 at http://www.redlist.org/.
- Klicka, J., K. Johnson, S. Lanyon. 2000. New World nine-primaried oscine relationships: constructing a mitochondrial DNA framework. The Auk, 117(2): 321-336.
- Rising, J., D. Beadle. 1996. A Guide to the Identification and Natural History of the Sparrows of the United States and Canada. San Diego: Academic Press.
- Threatened and Endangered Species System, 2003. "U.S. Listed Vertebrate Animal Species Report by Taoxonomic Group" (On-line). Accessed February 10, 2004 at http://ecos.fws.gov/tess_public/TESSWebpageVipListed?code=V&listings=0#B.
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, date unknown. "Birds Protected by the Migratory Bird Treaty Act" (On-line). Accessed February 10, 2004 at http://migratorybirds.fws.gov/intrnltr/mbta/mbtintro.html.
- birdnature.com, 2002. "Predators to Birds" (On-line). Accessed February 10, 2004 at http://www.birdnature.com/predators.html.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!