The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Bellamy, C. L., and G. H. Nelson / Arnett, Ross H., Jr. et al., eds. 2002. Family 41. Buprestidae Leach, 1815. American Beetles, vol. 2: Polyphaga: Scarabaeoidea through Curculionoidea. 98-112
- Cribb B W; Lin C -L; Rintoul L; Rasch R; Hasenpusch J; Huang H. 2010. Hardness in arthropod exoskeletons in the absence of transition metals. Acta Biomaterialia. 6: 3152–3156.
Hilty, J. Editor. 2015. Insect Visitors of Illinois Wildflowers. World Wide Web electronic publication. illinoiswildflowers.info, version (09/2015)
See: Abbreviations for Insect Activities, Abbreviations for Scientific Observers, References for behavioral observations
- Israelowitz M; Kwon JA; Rizvi SWH; Gille C; von Schroeder HP. 2011. Mechanism of infrared detection and transduction by beetle Melanophila acuminata. Journal of Bionic Engineering. 8: 129–139.
- Klocke D; Schmitz A; Soltner H; Bousack H; Schmitz H. 2011. Infrared receptors in pyrophilous ("fire-loving“) insects as model for new uncooled infrared sensors. 2: 186-197.
- Lawrence, J. F., and A. F. Newton, Jr. / Pakaluk, James, and Stanislaw Adam Slipinski, eds. 1995. Families and subfamilies of Coleoptera (with selected genera, notes, references and data on family-group names). Biology, Phylogeny, and Classification of Coleoptera: Papers Celebrating the 80th Birthday of Roy A. Crowson, vol. 2. 779-1006
- Nelson, Gayle H., George C. Walters, Jr., R. Dennis Haines, and Charles L. Bellamy. 2008. A Catalog and Bibliography of the Buprestoidea of America North of Mexico. The Coleopterists' Society, Special Publication, no. 4. iv + 274
- Wootton, A. 1984. Insects of the World. Blandford. 224 p.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!