The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Chadwick, D. H. 1998. Planet of the Beetles: From humble ladybugs to brilliant scarabs, beetles both help and bedevil us. A third of the world's identified insects are beetles, and they are everywhere. NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC. 193: 100-119.
- Gorb, S. N.; Sinha, M.; Peressadko, A.; Daltorio, K. A.; Quinn, R. D. 2007. Insects did it first: a micropatterned adhesive tape for robotic applications. Bioinspiration & Biomimetics. 2: S117-S125.
Hilty, J. Editor. 2015. Insect Visitors of Illinois Wildflowers. World Wide Web electronic publication. illinoiswildflowers.info, version (09/2015)
See: Abbreviations for Insect Activities, Abbreviations for Scientific Observers, References for behavioral observations
- Lawrence, J. F., and A. F. Newton, Jr. / Pakaluk, James, and Stanislaw Adam Slipinski, eds. 1995. Families and subfamilies of Coleoptera (with selected genera, notes, references and data on family-group names). Biology, Phylogeny, and Classification of Coleoptera: Papers Celebrating the 80th Birthday of Roy A. Crowson, vol. 2. 779-1006
- M. Schmitt, “Stridulaton in leaf beetles (Coleoptera, Chrysomelidae)”, in Novel aspects of the biology of Chrysomelidae, P. H. Jolivet, M. L. Cox, and E. Petitpierre Dordrecht: Springer Netherlands, 1994, pp. 319 - 325. doi:10.1007/978-94-011-1781-410.1007/978-94-011-1781-4_25
- Riley, Edward G., Shawn M. Clark, and Terry N. Seeno. 2003. Catalog of the leaf beetles of America north of Mexico (Coleoptera: Megalopodidae, Orsodacnidae and Chrysomelidae, excluding Bruchinae). Coleopterists Society Special Publication no. 1. 290
- Steven Vogel. 2003. Comparative Biomechanics: Life's Physical World. Princeton: Princeton University Press. 580 p.
- WoRMS (2015). Chrysomelidae. Accessed through: World Register of Marine Species at http://www.marinespecies.org/aphia.php/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id=150711
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!