Molecular Biology and Genetics
Statistics of barcoding coverage
Specimens with Sequences:569
Specimens with Barcodes:491
Species With Barcodes:46
The Rhinotermitidae are a family of termites (Isoptera). They feed on wood and can cause extensive damage to buildings or other wooden structures. About 345 species are recognized, among these are severe pests such as Coptotermes formosanus, Coptotermes gestroi, and Reticulitermes flavipes.
- Rhinotermitidae Froggatt, 1897
- Subfamily Coptotermitinae Holmgren, 1910a (synonym Arrhinotermitinae Sjöstedt, 1926)
- Subfamily Heterotermitinae Froggatt, 1897 (synonym Leucotermitinae Holmgren, 1910a)
- Subfamily Prorhinotermitinae Quennedey & Deligne, 1975
- Subfamily Psammotermitinae Holmgren, 1911
- Subfamily Rhinotermitinae Froggatt, 1897
- Subfamily Termitogetoninae Holmgren, 1910a
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!