The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- 2008. "Anopheles Mosquitoes" (On-line). Accessed February 24, 2010 at http://www.cdc.gov/malaria/about/biology/mosquitoes/.
- 2009. "CDC West Nile Virus Homepage" (On-line). Accessed April 01, 2010 at http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/westnile/index.htm.
- Boyd, M. 1949. Malariology: a Comprehensive Survey of All Aspects of This Group of Disease From a Global Standpoint. Philadelphia: Saunders. Accessed February 17, 2010 at http://hdl.handle.net/2027/mdp.39015019376519.
- Campbell, G., J. Mataczynski, E. Reisdorf, P. James W., D. Martin, A. Lambert, T. Haupt, J. Davis, R. Lanciotti. 2006. Second Human Case of Cache Valley Virus Disease. Emerging Infectious Diseases, Vol. 12, No. 5: 854-856. Accessed March 25, 2010 at http://www.cdc.gov/Ncidod/EID/vol12no05/pdfs/05-1625.pdf.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Locally Acquired Mosquito-Transmitted Malaria: A Guide for Investigations in the United States. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report RR-13. Atlanta, GA: Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2006. Accessed April 01, 2010 at http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/PDF/rr/rr5513.pdf.
- Dekker, T., W. Takken, B. Knols, E. Bouman, S. Laak, A. Bever, P. Huisman. 1998. Selection of biting sites on a human host by Anopheles gambiae s.s., An. arabiensis and An. quadriannulatus. Entomologia Experimentalis et Applicata, 87: 295-300.
- Dyar, H. 1928. The mosquitoes of the Americas. Washington: Carnegie Institution of Washington. Accessed February 17, 2010 at http://hdl.handle.net/2027/mdp.39015024037056.
- Enserink, M. 2002. What Mosquitoes Want: Secrets of Host Attraction. Science, Vol. 298, No. 5591: 90-92. Accessed February 25, 2010 at http://www.jstor.org/stable/3832706.
- Entomology and Nematology Department, Florida Cooperative Extension Service, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences, University of Florida. Common malaria Mosquito Anopheles quadrimaculatus Say. EENY-419. University of Florida: Leslie M. Rios and C. Roxanne Connelly. 2009. Accessed February 10, 2010 at http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/pdffiles/IN/IN79100.pdf.
- Eyles, D., C. Sabrosky, J. Russell. 1945. Long-Range Dispersal of Anopheles quadrimaculatus. Association of Schools of Public Health, Vol. 60, No. 43: 1265-1273. Accessed February 11, 2010 at http://www.jstor.org/stable/4585435.
- Foote, R., D. Cook. 1959. Mosquitoes of medical importance. Washington: Agricultural Research Service, U. S. Dept. of Agriculture. Accessed February 17, 2010 at http://hdl.handle.net/2027/mdp.39015003812107.
- Headlee, T. 1945. The Mosquitoes of New Jersey and Their Control. New Brunswick: Rutgers University Press.
- Horsfall, W. 1972. Mosquitoes Their Bionomics and Relation to Disease. New York: Hafner Publishing Company.
- Kahn, M., W. Celestin, W. Offenhauser. 1945. Recording of Sounds Produced by Certain Disease-Carrying Mosquitoes. Science, Vol. 101, No. 2622: 335-336. Accessed February 24, 2010 at http://www.jstor.org/stable/1672457.
- Keener, G. 1945. Detailed Observations on the Life History of Anopheles Quadrimaculatus. The Journal of the National Malaria Society, Volume 4, Issue 3: 263-270.
- La Casse, W., S. Carpenter. 1955. Mosquitoes of North America (North of Mexico). Berkeley, California: University of California Press.
- Le Prince, J., T. Griffitts. 1917. Flight of Mosquitoes: Studies on the Distance of Flight of Anopheles Quadrimaculatus. Association of Schools of Public Health, Vol. 32, No. 18: 656-659.
- Metcalf, R. 1945. The physiology of the salivary glands of Anopheles quadrimaculatus. The Journal of the National Malaria Society, Volume 4, Issue 3: 271-278.
- Pape T. & Thompson F.C. (eds) (2015). Systema Dipterorum (version 2.0, Jan 2011). In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life, 26th August 2015 (Roskov Y., Abucay L., Orrell T., Nicolson D., Kunze T., Flann C., Bailly N., Kirk P., Bourgoin T., DeWalt R.E., Decock W., De Wever A., eds). Digital resource at www.catalogueoflife.org/col. Species 2000: Naturalis, Leiden, the Netherlands. ISSN 2405-8858.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Entomology. The Mosquitoes of the United States. Bulletin Number 25. Washington: Government Printing Office. 1900. Accessed February 17, 2010 at http://hdl.handle.net/2027/mdp.39015069645607.
- University of Florida IFAS Extension. Mosquito-borne Dog Heartworm Disease. ENY-628. Vero Beach, FL: University of Florida. 1990.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!