The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- 1. National Biodiversity Network Species Dictionary (September 2003) http://www.nhm.ac.uk/nbn/ http://www.nhm.ac.uk/nbn/
- 2. Roberts, M.J. (1993) The spiders of Great Britain and Ireland Part 1- text. Harley Books, Colchester.
- 2003. "Purse-web spider (atypus affinis)" (On-line). Arkive-Images of life on earth. Accessed January 20, 2012 at http://www.arkive.org/purse-web-spider/atypus-affinis/#text=All.
- 2010. "Summary for Atypus affinis" (On-line). Britishspiders.org. Accessed January 20, 2012 at http://srs.britishspiders.org.uk/portal.php/p/Summary/s/Atypus+affinis.
- 2010. "Atypus Affinis Purse-web Spider" (On-line). Encyclopedia of Life. Accessed February 17, 2012 at http://eol.org/pages/732416/entries/36265286/overview.
- 2011. "Mysterious Purse-Web Spiders Rediscovered in South Africa" (On-line). USnews. Accessed January 20, 2012 at http://www.usnews.com/science/articles/2011/05/19/mysterious-purse-web-spiders-rediscovered-in-south-africa.
- 2012. "Spider Webs" (On-line). britishspiders.org.uk. Accessed March 20, 2012 at http://wiki.britishspiders.org.uk/index.php5?title=Spider%27s_Webs.
- 3. Roberts, M.J. (1995) Spiders of Britain and northern Europe. Harper Collins Publishers Ltd. London.
- Cressler, A. 2011. "http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/er/biodiversity/index.asp?mode=info&Grp=22&SpecCode=ILARA08040" (On-line). Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources. Accessed January 20, 2012 at http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/er/biodiversity/index.asp?mode=info&Grp=22&SpecCode=ILARA08040.
- Cutler, B., G. Salsbury, H. Guarisco, C. Liggett. 2004. The Purse-Web Spiders of Kansas (Araneae:Atypidae). Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science, 107/1/2: 101-104.
- Falk, S. 1997. "Aporus unicolor Spinola, 1808" (On-line). Bees, Wasps and Ants Recording Society. Accessed September 14, 2012 at http://www.bwars.com/index.php?q=wasp/pompilidae/pompilinae/aporus-unicolor.
- Folex, R. 2011. Biology of Spiders. New York, New York: Oxford University Press.
- Newton, B. 2004. "Purseweb Spiders/University of Kentucky Entomology" (On-line). University of Kentucky. Accessed January 20, 2012 at http://www.uky.edu/Ag/CritterFiles/casefile/spiders/purseweb/purseweb.htm.
- Pedersen, A., V. Loeschcke. 2001. Conservation genetics of peripheral populations of the mygalomorph spider Atypus affinis in northern Europe. Molecular Ecology, 10/5: 1133-1142. Accessed January 20, 2012 at http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1046/j.1365-294X.2001.01266.x/abstract;jsessionid=7152F9871855D8F2555FEADAF44ECB61.d02t04.
- Platnick, Norman I. 2011. website. The World Spider Catalog, v.11.0. American Museum of Natural History. Database built by Robert J. Raven from the files underlying the website at http://research.amnh.org/iz/spiders/catalog/ DOI: 10.5531/db.iz.0001
- Rezac, M., J. Kral, J. Musilova, S. Pekar. 2006. Unusual karyotype diversity in the European spiders of the genus Atypus. Hereditas, 143/2006: 123-129. Accessed January 20, 2012 at http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.2006.0018-0661.01949.x/pdf.
- Rezac, M., V. Rezacova, S. Pekar. 2007. The distribution of purse-web Atypus spiders in central Europe is constrained by microclimatic continentality and soil compactnes. Journal of Biogeography, 34/6: 1016-1027. Accessed January 20, 2012 at http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2699.2006.01670.x/abstract.
- Roberts, M. 1985. The Spiders of Great Britain and Ireland. Colchester, England: Harley Books.
- Wolff, R. 2012. "Coye's Purseweb Spider" (On-line). South Carolina Department of Natural Resources. Accessed January 20, 2012 at http://www.dnr.sc.gov/cwcs/pdf/Pursewebspider.pdf.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!