Molecular Biology and Genetics
Statistics of barcoding coverage
Specimens with Sequences:14
Specimens with Barcodes:13
Species With Barcodes:2
The Gnathiidae are a family of isopod crustaceans. They occur in a wide range of depths, from the littoral zone to the deep sea. The adults are associated with sponges and may not feed. The juvenile form is known as a 'praniza' larva, and it is a temporary parasite of marine fish.
- Afrignathia Hadfield & Smit, 2008
- Bathygnathia Dollfus, 1901
- Bythognathia Camp, 1988
- Caecognathia Dollfus, 1901
- Elaphognathia Monod, 1926
- Euneognathia Stebbing, 1893
- Gibbagnathia Cohen & Poore, 1994
- Gnathia Leach, 1814
- Monodgnathia Cohen & Poore, 1994
- Paragnathia Omer-Cooper & Omer-Cooper, 1916
- Tenerognathia Tanaka, 2005
- Thaumastognathia Monod, 1926
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!