The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Barrette, C. 1977. Fighting Behavior of Muntjac and the Evolution of Antlers. Evolution, 31: 169-176. Accessed April 15, 2011 at http://www.jstor.org/stable/2407555.
- Chen, J., B. Deng, L. Bai, Q. Chen, L. Yong, Z. Lui. 2001. Fruit Characteristics and Muntiacus muntijak vaginalis (Muntjac) Visits to Individual Plants of Choerospondias axillaris. Biotropica, Vol. 33, No. 4: 718-722. Accessed April 06, 2011 at http://www.jstor.org/stable/3593176.
- Deuling, S., P. Myers. 2004. "Muntiacus reevesi" (On-line). Animal Diversity Web. Accessed April 16, 2011 at http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu/site/accounts/information/Muntiacus_reevesi.html.
- Duckworth, J., R. Pine. 2003. English names for a world list of mammals, exemplified by species of Indochina. Mammal Review, 33: 151-173. Accessed March 13, 2011 at http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1046/j.1365-2907.2003.00012.x/full.
- Fisher, D., S. Blomberg, I. Owens. 2002. Convergent Maternal Care Strategies in Ungulates and Macropods. Evolution, 56: 167-176. Accessed April 17, 2011 at http://www.jstor.org/stable/3061529 ..
- Giao, P., D. Tuoc, V. Dung, E. Wikramanayake, G. Amato, P. Arctander, J. Mackinnon. 1998. Description of Muntiacus truongsonensis, a new species of muntjac (Artiodactyla: Muntiacidae) from Central Vietnam, and implications for conservation. Animal Conservation, 1: 61-68. Accessed March 13, 2011 at http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1469-1795.1998.tb00227.x/pdf.
- Macdonald, D. 2001. The New Encyclopedia of Mammals. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Mackinnon, J. 2000. New Mammals in the 21st century?. Annals of the Missouri Botanical Garden, 87: 63-66. Accessed March 14, 2011 at http://www.jstor.org/stable/2666208.
- McCullough, K., C. Pei, Y. Wang. 2000. Home Range, Activity Patterns, and Habitat Relations of Reeves' Muntjacs in Taiwan. The Journal of Wildlife Managment, 64: 430-441. Accessed April 17, 2011 at http://www.jstor.org/stable/3803241.
- Sterling, E., M. Hurley. 2006. Vietnam: a natural history. New Haven: Yale University Press.
- Timmins, R., J. Duckworth, A. Pattanavibool, R. Steinmetz, N. Samba Kumar, I. Anwarul, H. Sagar Baral. 2008. "Muntiacus vainalis" (On-line). The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Accessed April 07, 2011 at http://www.iucnredlist.org/apps/redlist/details/136551/0.
- Timmins, R., J. Duckworth, B. Long. 2008. "Muntiacus Truongsonensis" (On-line). IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Accessed March 13, 2011 at http://www.iucnredlist.org/apps/redlist/details/44704/0.
- Trimmins, R., T. Cuong. 2001. An Assessment of the Conservation Importance of the Huong Son (Annamite) Forest, Ha Tinh Province, Vietnam, Based on the Results of a Field Study For Large Mammals and Birds. New York: The American Museum of Natural History. Accessed March 14, 2011 at cbc.amnh.org/center/pubs/pdfs/timmins.pdf.
- Vrba, E. 2000. Antelopes, deer, and relatives : fossil record, behavioral ecology, systematics, and conservation. New Haven: Yale University Press.
- Wilson, D., D. Reeder. 2005. Mammal Species of the World: A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press.
- Wilson, Don E., and DeeAnn M. Reeder, eds. 2005. Mammal Species of the World: A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference, 3rd ed., vols. 1 & 2. 2142
- Yahner, R. 1979. Temporal Patterns in Male Mating Behavior of Captive Reeve's Muntjac (Muntiacus reevesi). Journal of Mammology, 60: 560-567. Accessed April 15, 2011 at http://www.jstor.org/stable/1380097.
- Yahner, R. 1980. Barking in a Primative Ungulate, Muntiacus reevesi: Function and Adativeness. The American Naturalist, 116: 157-177. Accessed April 15, 2011 at http://www.jstor.org/stable/2460670.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!