Molecular Biology and Genetics
Statistics of barcoding coverage
|Specimen Records:||200||Public Records:||58|
|Specimens with Sequences:||180||Public Species:||1|
|Specimens with Barcodes:||179||Public BINs:||8|
|Species With Barcodes:||29|
Sesarmidae is a family of crabs, previously included in the Grapsidae by many authors. Several species, namely in Geosesarma, Metopaulias and Sesarma, are true terrestrial crabs. They do not need to return to the sea even for breeding.
The family contains the following genera:
- Chiromantes dehaani – kurobenkeigani (Japanese)
- Chiromantes eulimene – marsh crab (east coast of southern Africa)
- Chiromantes haematocheir – red-clawed crab; akategani (Japanese)
- Parasesarma erythrodactyla – red-handed shore crab
- Parasesarma pictum – kakubenkeigani (Japanese)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sesarmidae.|
- Christoph D. Schubart, Hung-Chand Liu & José A. Cuesta (2003). "A new genus and species of tree-climbing crab (Crustacea: Brachyura: Sesarmidae) from Taiwan with notes on its ecology and larval morphology". Raffles Bulletin of Zoology 51 (1): 49–59.
- Peter K. L. Ng, Danièle Guinot & Peter J. F. Davie (2008). "Systema Brachyurorum: Part I. An annotated checklist of extant Brachyuran crabs of the world". Raffles Bulletin of Zoology 17: 1–286.
- Christoph D. Schubart, S. Cannicci, M. Vannini & S. Fratini (2006). "Molecular phylogeny of grapsoid crabs (Decapoda, Brachyura) and allies based on two mitochondrial genes and a proposal for refraining from current superfamily classification". Journal of Zoological Systematics and Evolutionary Research 44 (3): 193–199. doi:10.1111/j.1439-0469.2006.00354.x.
|This crab article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|