Data about <i>Astyanax utiariti</i>
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
Glossary for Astyanax utiariti
- body length (CMO)
- A measurement of the longest dimension of a body, typically between two distinct ends of the body.
- [database_cross_reference: Dorland:Dorlands_Illustrated_Medical_Dictionary--31st_Ed] [database_cross_reference: ISBN:978-1416049982]
- A bibliographic reference for the resource.
- A length unit which is equal to one hundredth of a meter or 10^[-2] m.
- [database_cross_reference: NIST:NIST]
- An entity responsible for making contributions to the resource.
- freshwater environment
- geographic distribution includes
- This organism is known to be present in this location or region
- The natural environment in which an organism lives, or the physical environment that surrounds (influences and is utilized by) a species population.
- Habitat. (2013, August 9). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 19:01, August 14, 2013, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Habitat&oldid=567783959
- A category or description of the habitat in which the Event occurred.
- male or unsexed
- male or unsexed individuals are represented in a sample or an occurrence.
- measurement method
- A description of or reference to (publication, URI) the method or protocol used to determine the measurement, fact, characteristic, or assertion.
- measurement remarks
- Comments or notes accompanying the MeasurementOrFact.
- measurement unit
- The units associated with the measurementValue. Recommended best practice is to use the International System of Units (SI).
- measurement value
- The value of the measurement, fact, characteristic, or assertion.
- oceanic benthopelagic zone biome
- The benthopelagic zone biome comprises regions of the marine water column which usually coincide with the benthic boundary layer (BBL) - the layer of isothermal and isohaline water contiguous to the sea floor. A general reversal in the declining gradient of pelagic biomass may be observed here, perhaps explained by viable nutrition on the sea floor being resuspended by bottom currents. This zone typically extends 100 m above the seafloor, but may reach upto1000 m during benthic storms.
- Natural freshwater surface streams of considerable volume and a permanent or seasonal flow, moving in a definite channel toward a sea, lake, or another river; any large streams, or ones larger than brooks or creeks, such as the trunk stream and larger branches of a drainage system.
- scientific name
- The full scientific name, with authorship and date information if known. When forming part of an Identification, this should be the name in lowest level taxonomic rank that can be determined. This term should not contain identification qualifications, which should instead be supplied in the IdentificationQualifier term.
- The sex of the biological individual(s) represented in the Occurrence. Recommended best practice is to use a controlled vocabulary.
- A related resource from which the described resource is derived.
South America: known only from rio Papagaio of the upper rio Tapajós drainage in Brazil
7.9 cm male or unsexed
|Environments - EOL project|
oceanic benthopelagic zone biome
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!