Data about Berchemia
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
|North America - United States||Missouri Botanical Garden|
||IRMNG - Interim Register of Marine and Nonmarine Genera.|
||Environments - EOL project|
Evolution and Systematics
||The Paleobiology Database|
Glossary for Berchemia
- The original description of the elevation (altitude, usually above sea level) of the Location.
- This taxon is still in existence, as opposed to extinct.
- extinction status
- Indicates whether a taxon is extant (living today) or extinct.
- first appearance (older bound)
- The older bound for the first appearance of this taxon in the fossil record, in Ma.
- first appearance (younger bound)
- The younger bound for the first appearance of this taxon in the fossil record, in Ma.
- geographic distribution
- A description of the geographic distribution, or range, of the taxon. Includes descriptions of global, regional, or political aspects of range and whether the taxon is native or introduced in portions of the range and endemicity.
- A category or description of the habitat in which the Event occurred.
- interacts with
- an organism has an effect on another organism in the community.
- last appearance (older bound)
- The older bound for the last appearance of this taxon in the fossil record, in Ma.
- last appearance (younger bound)
- The younger bound for the last appearance of this taxon in the fossil record, in Ma.
- million years ago
- 1 megaannum in the past. Megaannum, Ma. is a unit of time equal to one million (10^6) years.
- plant height
- A stature and vigor trait (TO:0000133) which is associated with the height of a whole plant (PO:0000003).
- Area covered with low-growing or stunted perennial vegetation and usually not mixed with trees.
- wood density
- Secondary xylem volumetric density. Any measurable or observable characteristic related to the volumetric density of a secondary xylem.
- [database_cross_reference: GOC:TermGenie] [database_cross_reference: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1461-0248.2009.01285.x]
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!