Regularity: Regularly occurring
Localities documented in Tropicos sources
United States (North America)
Note: This information is based on publications available through Tropicos and may not represent the entire distribution. Tropicos does not categorize distributions as native or non-native.
- Anonymous. 1986. List-Based Rec., Soil Conserv. Serv., U.S.D.A. Database of the U.S.D.A., Beltsville. http://www.tropicos.org/Reference/1103
- Hartman, E. L. & M. L. Rottman. 1985. The alpine vascular flora of the Mt. Bross Massif, Mosquito Range, Colorado. Phytologia 57(2): 133–151. http://www.tropicos.org/Reference/330
- Zohary, M. & D. Heller. 1984. Genus Trifolium i–x, 1–606. Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities, Jerusalem. http://www.tropicos.org/Reference/1433
- Gillett, J. M. 1965. Taxonomy of Trifolium: Five American species of section Lupinaster (Leguminosae). Brittonia 17(2): 121–136. http://www.tropicos.org/Reference/132
- Mosquin, T. & J. M. Gillett. 1965. Chromosome numbers in American Trifolium (Leguminosae). Brittonia 17(2): 136–143. http://www.tropicos.org/Reference/133
Global Range: UT (Daggett, Duchesne, Grand, San Juan, Summit, and Uintah counties), MT, WY, CO, NM.
Comments: Montaine or alpine meadows at 2900-3730 m.
Number of Occurrences
Note: For many non-migratory species, occurrences are roughly equivalent to populations.
Estimated Number of Occurrences: 81 to >300
Comments: Two sites in NM; 5 sites in UT. Common in Montana.
Molecular Biology and Genetics
Barcode data: Trifolium nanum
Statistics of barcoding coverage: Trifolium nanum
Public Records: 1
Specimens with Barcodes: 1
Species With Barcodes: 1
National NatureServe Conservation Status
Rounded National Status Rank: N4 - Apparently Secure