Localities documented in Tropicos sources
Note: This information is based on publications available through Tropicos and may not represent the entire distribution. Tropicos does not categorize distributions as native or non-native.
- Flora of China Editorial Committee. 2003. Fl. China 9: 1–496. Science Press & Missouri Botanical Garden Press, Beijing & St. Louis. http://www.tropicos.org/Reference/1020302
Description[edit source | edit]
The plant is 6 metres (20 ft) tall with its petioles being circa 2.5 millimetres (0.098 in). Its flowers are white and they bloom from March to June. Its small berry-shaped pome fruits are red. Its branches have long spines. It is grown in gardens and parks as an ornamental plant. They are also grown as hedges. It is sometimes used in bonsai.
Distribution[edit source | edit]
References[edit source | edit]
- "Pyracantha atalantioides". Kew Plant List. Missouri Botanical Garden. Retrieved April 9, 2013.
- "Pyracantha atalantioides". Calflora. Retrieved April 8, 2013.
- Pyracantha atalantioides (Hance) Stapf 151. Botanical Magazine. 1926. p. 9099.
- "Pyracantha atalantioides". Oak Piece Nursery. Retrieved April 9, 2013.