Data about <i>Cotoneaster salicifolius</i>
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
||IRMNG - Interim Register of Marine and Nonmarine Genera.|
Relevance to Humans and Ecosystems
Noxious Weed List for Australian States and Territories
||Global Invasive Species Listings|
Glossary for Cotoneaster salicifolius
- botanical garden
- A place where a wide variety of plants primarily categorized and documented for scientific purposes.
- The original description of the elevation (altitude, usually above sea level) of the Location.
- This taxon is still in existence, as opposed to extinct.
- extinction status
- Indicates whether a taxon is extant (living today) or extinct.
- An enclosure for displaying selected plant or animal life.
- geographic distribution
- A description of the geographic distribution, or range, of the taxon. Includes descriptions of global, regional, or political aspects of range and whether the taxon is native or introduced in portions of the range and endemicity.
- A category or description of the habitat in which the Event occurred.
- A dense growth of shrubbery planted as a fence or boundary.
- invasive/noxious listings
- Indicates whether a taxon is listed on a global or regional list of invasive organisms or whether it has special legal status due to its negative impact on human welfare or ecosystems.
- Meters. A length unit which is equal to the length of the path traveled by light in vacuum during a time interval of 1/299 792 458 of a second.
- mixed forest biome
- A mixed forest biome is a forest biome which contains densely packed populations or communities of broadleaf and coniferous trees, strongly limiting light penetration to the forest floor.
- A mountain rising from the ocean seafloor that does not reach to the water's surface (sea level), and thus is not an island. Typically formed from volcanoes that rise abruptly and are usually found rising from a seafloor of 1,000 - 4,000 meters depth. Independent features that rise to at least 1,000 meters above the seafloor.
- Noxious Weed List for Australian States and Territories
- Organism is listed in the Noxious Weed List for Australian States and Territories. Australian Weeds Committee. 2012. Noxious Weed List for Australian States and Territories. Version 26b.00. http://www.weeds.org.au/docs/weednet6.pdf
- Area covered with low-growing or stunted perennial vegetation and usually not mixed with trees.
- The part of an elevation or depression between the relatively flat surrounding area and the peak of a mount or the bottom of a depression.
- Any material within 2 m from the Earth's surface that is in contact with the atmosphere, with the exclusion of living organisms, areas with continuous ice not covered by other material, and water bodies deeper than 2 m.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!